Why do some people mistake getting comfortable with someone for falling out of love?

So the butterflies in your stomach are gone, and you're used to this person. Does it mean you're out of love or just comfortable? This question isn't for me, it's a general one to see how other people feel about this.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what you're describing is the type of people who chase the adrenaline rush of something new and exciting, over getting to really know someone for a longer period of time. I think when you're comfortable, you still do the little things for the one you love. And when you're falling out of love, you stop doing all the little things so much as you used to for your S. O. And I think that some of the little things and surprises, when they're from the heart, bring back some of the butterflies in the stomach feelings when you've gotten to that level of being comfortable. But without the right intention, it's just a facade, a design to a pattern you follow, that's why the "art of surprise" is so important, even the littlest surprise, even when you're comfortable, can give someone the butterflies, if it's done right, and the effort and thought is put into it. And some people like to meet new people and feel the initial lust or intensity, and when it wears off, they're not used to it, or I'm not really sure, maybe they get bored. Who knows?

What Guys Said 1

• Well when you feel the butterflies you are infatuated but when they go away then that's when you can tell if it is true love or just a sudden infatuation that goes away but that is to be decided after the butterflies are gone

What Girls Said 1

• Actually, I don't think you are in love UNTIL you are that comfortable with someone. For me, the butterflies come at first- when I am nervous or shy around someone because I don't know how to act. But once I am in love, I am definitely comfortable enough that I don't necessarily get those feelings anymore. I think it definitely just means you are comfortable enough with that person to not be nervous, which is a great thing! Doesn't mean you are in love, doesn't mean you aren't.