Was a wrong to reject him because of this?

A guy wrote me his phone number on a piece of paper and I really thought I liked him. But when I got the number, I noticed that he did not even try to make his handwriting presentable. Not only that, but the folding of the card was not done properly either! I feel like this shows that he doesn't care about me. If he did, he would have tried harder. Am I wrong?
Updates:
I*
Maybe I am wrong, but all I know is that if I was giving a guy my phone number, I would try to make it look very nice.
I decided to give him a chance, thanks for the opinions. You guys helped me see the error in my ways... Though it is suspicious that he gave me his number instead of asking for mine, but I'll let it slide.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This is furiating to hear this! Who do you think you are to turn down a potentially great guy who you dont even know over something so frivilous and trivial. You dont even know his past or why he "didnt care" to make it presentable. If that was even on his mind at the time and not just the fact of being scared shitless by giving his number to a girl he liked! I personally used to take the time to make nice things for the girls i liked because i thought it showed effort and decency on my part that i cared. Welp I always got burned when I did those things and I will not do them again for any girl. Not worth it. Thats my reasoning, you can't even fathom his, so dont try. he's not going to "care" about you anyway if you two just met. Your supposed to give him a chance to care! Unbelievable!

2|3
    0|0
    • Well, it would have impressed me cause it shows thoughtfulness on your part, but I would still have to like your other traits in order to want to date you. I guess I'm a perfectionist.

• Well then you better be damn worth it if your that judgmental. I wouldn't care if a girl wrote to me on a dirty napkin from the sizzler the night before, It would still mean the world to me that she did. Typical modern American women.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I doubt anybody will find the perfect one as other mentioned.

Probably he posses other traits you would value, my point is everybody is doing compromises and expect that he has to compromise on your traits too so why don't give it a shot as see if you like him?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but this was something he had control over. If it was something he couldn't control, I would understand.

• If you value handwriting over physical attractiveness and his sense of humor or whatever he impressed he with then by all means don't call this guy. Another thing is that he probably wrote the number in rush being nervous.

Personally I wouldn't wanted to be called by a girl if he ponders over my handwriting, but that is just me, he might feel the same.

• But he wrote the number before coming to talk to me. I guess you're right about some things.

• Get the entire fuck outta here roflmao. Gotta have standards though I suppose

1|0
    0|0
    • You wouldn't do the same?

• Show All
    • Just the thought of talking to your crush can make most people nervous

• That's true.

• If that's how you really feel, you're going to have a tough time finding "the one", haha.

1|0
    0|0
    • I want the right one, not just anyone.

• Lmfao this can't be real life. Woman logic at its finest right here

1|2
    0|0
  • Wow.. how incredibly shallow of you. Least it benefits him from saving him the trouble of such a selfish girl.

He goes out of his way to introduce himself to you, admit his interests in you which takes a lot of fricken courage to do, and you reject him over something so petty?

And women complain guys don't approach them...

0|0
    0|0
    • You don't understand even a little why this bothered me?

• Yea girl sorry but your the epitome of lame and the reason a lot of guys do to respect girls and treat them like shit. The guy put his self-esteem and his feelings on the line by asking you out, if that's not enough for you when you already like the guy and you're just being ridiculous

0|0
    0|0
  • Granted, if he can't fold a paper in half properly, how will he be able to fold YOU in half properly? Bad sex isn't a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like it could translate to other things, but not necessarily that.

• Not wrong but that seems harsh by me. Turning someone down over handwriting and folding paper lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It may show that he is going to be a financial loser though.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know about that. I would have just liked more effort on his part to impress me. Not cause I care about being impressed, but because it shows he cares. It seems too much to ask for though.

• seems petty to be honest...

0|1
    0|0
    • Why? Wouldn't you try to make something look better if you were giving it to a girl you liked?

• I don't think it matters...

• lmao thats okay

0|0
    0|0
    • So, you think I'm right. He didn't care about me?

• Show All
    • Well, it was a calm setting, so I guess I was right.

• i guess you was

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. Maybe his handwriting just isn't that neat. How would you like it if a guy rejected you because of your neat handwriting? Saying that it's too neat, so you must be a stuck-up snob/control freak?

0|1
    0|0
    • Then he wouldn't be the right one for me anyway.

• Are you trolling? Lol!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol omg really? That's funny

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, really! Does it seem unreasonable?

• yeah you were wrong!!

0|0
    0|0
  • this isn't even worth giving my opinion to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes