Was a wrong to reject him because of this?

A guy wrote me his phone number on a piece of paper and I really thought I liked him. But when I got the number, I noticed that he did not even try to make his handwriting presentable. Not only that, but the folding of the card was not done properly either! I feel like this shows that he doesn't care about me. If he did, he would have tried harder. Am I wrong?
I*
Maybe I am wrong, but all I know is that if I was giving a guy my phone number, I would try to make it look very nice.
I decided to give him a chance, thanks for the opinions. You guys helped me see the error in my ways... Though it is suspicious that he gave me his number instead of asking for mine, but I'll let it slide.

512

Most Helpful Guy

• This is furiating to hear this! Who do you think you are to turn down a potentially great guy who you dont even know over something so frivilous and trivial. You dont even know his past or why he "didnt care" to make it presentable. If that was even on his mind at the time and not just the fact of being scared shitless by giving his number to a girl he liked! I personally used to take the time to make nice things for the girls i liked because i thought it showed effort and decency on my part that i cared. Welp I always got burned when I did those things and I will not do them again for any girl. Not worth it. Thats my reasoning, you can't even fathom his, so dont try. he's not going to "care" about you anyway if you two just met. Your supposed to give him a chance to care! Unbelievable!

• Well, it would have impressed me cause it shows thoughtfulness on your part, but I would still have to like your other traits in order to want to date you. I guess I'm a perfectionist.

• Well then you better be damn worth it if your that judgmental. I wouldn't care if a girl wrote to me on a dirty napkin from the sizzler the night before, It would still mean the world to me that she did. Typical modern American women.