Is it normal for older men to talk to a woman once in a while but not all the time? Compared to 20 year olds?

I do not mind not talking for a couple of weeks. I am a very independent women. But my friends made me worried when they said that usually when a man is interested they call you all the time (every other day or every day). Also keep in mind I am only 21 and some of my friends are the same age (others older).

(But the thing is the man that I am with is a pro athlete 20 years old (job occupation) and he works a lot/in season. Also we are sort of in ldr (new/ starting point any way). I am visiting him in two weeks. He is respectful -great person).

I personally get irritated if I talked to any man every single day. I like to be independent and my man to be too. I still love contact all the same... Just for some perspective is it normal to just talk once in a while or do you need to talk every day?

Sorry for the rambling. Thank you so much for your time.

11