Is it normal for older men to talk to a woman once in a while but not all the time? Compared to 20 year olds?

I do not mind not talking for a couple of weeks. I am a very independent women. But my friends made me worried when they said that usually when a man is interested they call you all the time (every other day or every day). Also keep in mind I am only 21 and some of my friends are the same age (others older).

(But the thing is the man that I am with is a pro athlete 20 years old (job occupation) and he works a lot/in season. Also we are sort of in ldr (new/ starting point any way). I am visiting him in two weeks. He is respectful -great person).

I personally get irritated if I talked to any man every single day. I like to be independent and my man to be too. I still love contact all the same... Just for some perspective is it normal to just talk once in a while or do you need to talk every day?

Sorry for the rambling. Thank you so much for your time.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• 'Normal' doesn't apply for relationships. There's only what works for you and your partner and what doesn't. Don't waste time comparing your relationship to others.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think that what started happening. Thank you. I will definitely do that.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends how much once in a while is. Doesn't sound like a lot, and I wouldn't have that.

0|0
    0|0
    • For example this month it was feb 3 times. Last month it was 9 times. I don't know that just sums it up. Is that bad for ldr (long distance)? And thank you for responding.

• 9 times is still at least twice in a week or around that, so that's still ok i think. Although I do think it's nice to send goodnight texts, just so each other knows you're on his/her mind and feel wanted.
      Although, if you're seeing him less than others see their boyfriends (due to the long distance) it would probably be nice if it was stepped up a little. Most people see their partners a couple of times a week, and you guys can't do that right now.
      I don't know, it's really hard to say because each situation is different. Some married couples who love each other live in separate houses because they work better that way, some couples who all they do is fight and argue stay living together... It's different in each relationship i think.

Tbh though, i think the most important thing is feeling loved wanted and respected. If you're both getting that, that's all that really matters. After all, some guys will call every day and be sleeping with another girl. It doesn't make a difference.

• Thank you so much you definitely helped me a lot. I never thought of it that way. Definitely learned something new ^_^. thanks again.

Recommended myTakes