Why do guys tell me about their injuries?

So after getting to know them a bit but not going out, guys often tell me about injuries past and present - sore shoulders or injured knuckles or knees or whatever
  • He wants to impress you with his 'war' wounds?
    Vote A
  • He wants you to do sonething about it - e. g. kiss it better?
    Vote B
  • He wants your empathy - 'oh that's no good sweetie'
    Vote C
  • He wants you to show him an injury of your own
    Vote D
  • other - please specify
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He really wants you to be empathetic and give him a massage or baby him.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think it's attraction based (not friendship) and he wants me to touch him?

• Yes, it's more of an attraction thing than friendship.

• Makes sense - thanks :-)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Its usually either "A" or they want to tell you a funny story. Something like, "Well I was skiing down the mountain, and I SWEAR this tree just came out of no where! Laid me out with a broken leg for a month!" or some such. Lots of guys get a kick out of telling stories like that and share a good laugh.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, the funny story bit is understandable and I appreciate a good laugh also! And at times this has been the case. ... but often it's not accompanied by a great story.

• Show All
    • Depends on the guy some want women to think its sexy and be turn on, some just like to brag, and have you think they are tough and adventurous.

• That makes sense - thanks :-)

• It sounds more like a pitty me thing rather that trying to impress. But not knowing the guy the only other real choice it to impress you

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I thought it might be a pity thing like B or C... but many people have chosen A which is interesting.

• Show All
    • Absolutely... the survey doesn't tend to match most of the comments either - maybe it is different people that have commented vs responded?

• That is very possible. Opinion can vary somewhat based on past experiences or compared stories I suppose

• They expect you to use your archimage medic powers to nurse them back to health.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol - so you think it's seeking pity and pampering?

• Show All
    • Cool, thanks for your responses :-)

• Np. Glad to help :)

• Hurting yourself usually involves a cool and/or funny story.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if it doesn't have a cool/funny story with it?

• Show All
    • We do! But we also show a little bit of vulnerability to get that sympathetic response.

• ha ha. so do you think seeking this sympathy is based on attraction or could it also be friendship based?

• Girls think scars are attractive, it's like, really? That's what you find attractive?

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think they believe girls thing scars/injuries are attractive?

• Yeah

• That makes sense - thanks :-)

What Girls Said 2

• Either A, B, C or and combination of the 3 usually.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think they are thinking - "whatever works?"

• Lol they want to impress you with it

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol - yeah, you would think if there was an impressive story with it but often there isn't.

Recommended myTakes