His friends keep looking at me? Am I being a little paranoid?

So there's this guy in my lecture class. His friends and him keep looking over at me and its driving me crazy. I'll come into class and they'll just look at me until I look their way and then they'll look away. One day in particular, I was talking to me friend and glanced their way and saw one of his friends look at me then look away, smile and nod towards the guy while talking to him. It's weird. I feel like their talking about me but I don't know them. Me and this guy know each other but we don't talk anymore. What are reasons why a guy and his friends would stare at a girl in class?
I haven't talked to this guy in like 2 years..

10