Is there a reason guys just dissappear?

The guy I had been seeing for a few months seemed really into me. We had plans for the weekend and strangely got stood up. I tried to contact and he would not respond. After a couple weeks I became rather concerned and requested he at least let me know he was OK even if he didn't want to talk. Still nothing. I just can't understand why he would make plans for a weekend away and then just give no explanation and no warning as to why you just dissappear.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• usually i tell my girlfriends he is not worth your time. i mean there are other reasons like communication being down or etc but this is a smartphone generation. usually all messages and texts come by. what i mean is he is avoiding you. and most likely erased your number.
    one of my girlfriends went through this similar situation and we found out unintentionally that he was married and was looking for a meaningless fling!!!
    so he did disappear. but he's not interested in you :(

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah he was completely single, and kept telling me how. much he wanted this to work, and how special I was. He even told me how he wanted to make sure we kept at a slower pace so he could avoid ever hurting me. So confusing.

• usually men are smooth talkers :( I've experienced this as well and did not end pretty. forget about him is all i can say :(

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Could be anything really , but he may of gotten bored with you , sorry to put it that way

0|0
    0|0
    • If he was bored then why make plans for a romantic getaway?

• Show All
    • And I get that. I just can't understand what went wrong and how to prevent this.

• You can't prevent it , relationships are just trial and error

• Do you know where he lives?

0|0
    0|0
    • Believe it or not I don't. Right before all this happened he and his roommate got in a huge fight and he was staying with a friend until he found a new place. I know where he works, but that could be awkward.

• Show All
    • You're only verifying he is alive and not dead. He may have died.

• Sadly I have checked the obits a couple times just to make sure. He has not shown up.

• Oh! He was a ghost.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know why the guys are being so sarcastic. This was a man I thought I had a future with.

What Girls Said 1

• i am stuck in the same situation! this guy is plainly ignoring me i guess they mean we dont wanna talk to you so get away from us. maybe we should

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes