Is he disgusted by me now?

I moved a out from my abusive parents a few months ago to live with my boyfriend and I still have bruises and scars from my time living there. A few hours ago he got a glimpse of one of my bruises (I hide them with my clothes.) And he kinda forced me to show him. When he saw he got really angry and left. He came back not too long ago and he hasn't said a word. Is he disgusted by me now?
Updates:
excuse my English please.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's something you kept from him. You had a good reason to but he is trying to deal with it, I assume, so he's just trying to figure out how you two will discuss it so he doesn't make it worse.
    If he doesn't show love and compassion towards you its time to move on to somewhere you can find support.

3|0
    0|0
    • I really hope I don't have to move on. I'm in love with him. Thank you.

• You're welcome.
      I hope it works out.
      In the meantime, look into going to a support group meeting just to listen.
      I went to a support group for PTSD and heard stories just like mine. It made me feel like I wasn't so alone hearing the same stories from as far back as Vietnam Nam. I'm certain you can find one for your particular issues. You won't have to hide your physical and mental bruises there among people that understand what you're going through.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He may not know how to feel about this. It would be difficult to know what to do when someone you care about has been hurt by people she should be able to trust. He just needs a little time. This would not change how he feels about you nor is it something to be ashamed of.

2|0
    0|0
    • Okay, thanks for sharing you opinion.

• No. I feel he is mad at your parents for doing what they did to you. Give him a bit of time, let him cool down some.

2|1
    0|0
    • I guess I have to just wait, Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Probably not by you, more than likely at your folks. He did the right thing my going out and having a scream at his windshield and getting the anger out.

2|0
    0|0
  • No he's upset by the situation. If my girlfriend kept that from me I would be upset. I would talk though everyone deals with stuffing a different way.

2|0
    0|0
    • I really hope he talks to me, thanks.

• You might just have to initiate the conversation. Some guys don't talk about things when they're upset. It's silly but it happens.

• He is probably just processing the fact that he was unable to protect you and that even now there's not much he can do. Try and explain to him that there's nothing he could of done and that being with him now means you do not have to go through it any more, but what ever you do, don't feel as if any of this has any reflection on you, x

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess I'll try when Im not so nervous and scared. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

• He might be upset cause you didn't mention something the abuse you kept it from him

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't know how to tell him or if i should've told him. I was scared, I thought that if I told him he would leave me

• Show All
    • Thank you :)

• You're welcome :)

• thats pity

0|0
    0|0
    • so he also won't talk to me because he feels sorry for me?

• no he is just readjusting his feelings and responsese

• Oh, Thank you.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in a similar situation sadly, and my boyfriend reacted the same way. It all depends on what he took out of what he saw. If i were you I'd sit next to him and ask him if he had any questions about it or if there was anything you could say to ease his mind or something like that.. just be prepared to answer questions. Maybe not right now but at some point.

1|0
    0|0
    • I honestly dont know what to tell him if he asks...
      How did your boyfriend take it?

• Show All
    • No problem and if you have any more questions or need to talk please feel free to message me!

• Will do!

• No... he feels bad for you

0|0
    0|0
    • Why won't he say anything though?

Recommended myTakes