Met this guy and we started flirting, now my friends think he is a player. Should I listen to my friends or should I give the guy a chance?

About a month ago, I went to a party with my best friend and this guy I knew from my physics class was there. We started playing beer pong and talking. Since I knew no one at the party he stayed with my the whole night. Then I gave him my number and we have been texting, not like every day but we have talked.
Last week a gf was with him and her bf. The guy stared saying things about girls and kind of sound like a player to my friend. She told me (since I told her I have a huge crush on him) and she said "He is not the nice guy you think, I don't trust him".
Last night he invited me to a party, and I went with my best friend and another girlfriend. We were together the whole night, and by the end of the night he had his arm around my shoulder and he was hugging me. Then my best friend told me "Lets go, you can't be with him anymore, he is another player and he just wants to kiss you, he doesn't like you" I was shocked since I thought he was a nice guy. I only knew him from texting and one of his friends told me he had a good heart, like he will do anything for his friends.
We went home and my friend told me "he looks like the guy that would just want to fuck you and then leave you, so be careful with him"
The thing is, I kind of like him more... I have never had a boyfriend before so I don't know much about it, but I do know that I like him more than just a crush. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but my girlfriend told me that he is just another player.

What do you guys think?
  • He is definitly a player
  • Give him the benefit of the doubt
I have to say that I have had crushes on players at parties and clubs, and every time they have tried to kiss me and ended up kissing me. This guy didn't try once to kiss me, he just kisses me on the cheek, twice, but never on the mouth.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow young lady this is a tough one. As I see it either way you are going to loose this one. On the one hand you have this guy that you like but if you choose to take the friends advice he will move on and you will loose him. On the second hand , if you choose to not take the friends advice and seek out and have this relationship with him and it turns out that your friend was correct and he does play you then you loose. The one real question to ask your self is , what is it that I will really loose? For example , if the relationship should happen and it seems to be going well in the beginning ; it escalated and you two make out , have sex then boom he's gone.. If he was already talking about other girls at the party earlier do you want to be his next juicy story being told? Just food for thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd proceed with caution and wait 'till you hear someone else's opinion. Also I'd ask your friend for exactly what he said and what made her think he's a player so you can form your own opinion. According to his friend and what your friend says I'd guess that he's a great guy if he's with a great girl or someone he really likes. Also, from what you've experienced it definitely sounds like he might like you and is interested.
    I hope it works out ;)