Does my boyfriend have a drinking problem?

I've been my boyfriend for several months now. I absolutely love and adore him, except for when he drinks. When he's not drinking, he is honestly one of the sweetest and most caring guys I have ever been with. However, when he drinks he can become very... not likable. 1st let me say, he doesn't drink very often. He used to but toned it down when we started dating because I barely drink. But when he does drink, he sometime, not all the time, but sometimes has a problem knowing when to stop. He's a different person when he becomes drunk. For example: New Years eve. We were both slightly intoxicated. Him more than me. We went to the bar. I ran to catch up with my girlfriend who was ahead of us walking alone. He got angry for leaving him behind. I flipped him the finger and smiled at him. I know I should have but in my head it seemed funny to do that. Anyways, he was NOT ok with that. He got angry and told me I am the worst girlfriend ever (which he has said several times while drunk). He then continued to be mean the whole night. He followed me around the bar the whole night and kept trying to pick a fight (btw he was still continuing to drink during all of this). My friends were getting pissed. They didn't like his behavior and at one point he threw an empty plastic cup at my best friends head because they were telling him to stop. I tried leaving the bar to smoke outside and he kept blocking me from leaving. Needless to say, I had to get away from him. We didn't even share a kiss at midnight. whenever he drinks, he becomes rude and we always fight. He will punch the wall out of anger. He's even threatened to kill himself with really bothers me because my last boyfriend died from suicide, which he knows about. I just hate the person he is drunk and he always says sorry or sometimes he thinks I'm overreacting. He says he will try and stop drinking but never does. I'm lost. I don't know what to do. I really love him though.
  • Leave him-he won't ever change
  • Leave him because it will get worst
  • Tell him to get help or you're leaving
    Vote C
  • Stay with him. You're overreacting.
    Vote D
  • Stay with him, but make sure he gets help.
    Vote E
I guess it just sucks because I love him. He never acts this way when he's not drunk. His brother had a drinking and drug problem at one point too. His brother got help and has been sober for over a year now and is doing so much better. I wish my boyfriend could just get help too, but he said he barely drinks so he doesn't think its actually an issue.

20