Why do you push away the people you love?

A guy I've been seeing for months told me today during an argument that he pushes away anything and anyone who has ever loved him, and he thinks that i'm too good for him.

This caught me by surprise, I told him I loved him a few weeks ago and he completely stopped talking to me, and dodged my calls, until I re-confronted him this morning.

At first he was really nasty to me and told me that I need to move on. After a while he began to get softer and ultimately told me he's pushed away every person who has ever loved him.

My question is why? I'm so in love with him it hurts, and i've been nothing but good to him, I am an attractive female, I'm sensitive, caring, nurturing, and im always there for him without fail no matter how badly he treats me at times.

why would he want to push me away? I feel like im in a one sided relationship, but a part of me knows deep down he cares.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Possible reasons:

A - He doesn't love or trust himself, so that makes him a potential danger to people who love him. Because the moment he damages himself, EVERYONE involved with him will be hurt as well. He's like a ticking time bomb.
    or

B - He doesn't actually like you and he's using it as an excuse.

Take your pick.

Either way, and take this to the bank girl, you CANNOT fix a person who cannot fix themselves. It literally is NOT possible, not matter HOW much you want to. The human mind does not work that way.

• Could be either or tbh. Thanks for the opinion! =)

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he loves them and he doesn't want to hurt them unintentionally.
    Or he's using it as an excuse. I can't say for sure.