You are really attracted to a girl, she tells you she only wants to be friends. How do you react?

So guys if you met a girl you found very attractive and you asked her out and she said yes, but also told you she only wanted to be friends, how would you react?

This happened to me, but instead of stop talking to me or something like that he still wanted to take me out. Since he told me he respected that i only wanted to be friends i assumed that when he asked to grab a drink togheter he wanted to get to know me, as a friend. I went and i had a great time until he had one to many and put his hand around me, calling me pretty every 30 min and at one point he tried to kiss me. I mean if he didn't want to just be friends then he shouldn't be inviting me to hang out with him. And on top of that his cute friend thinks that we are dating... im considering adding him on Facebook, but i dont want to mess up a friendsship. Thoughts?

213

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks to that "hard to get game" and "the players" amongst society, we have to be men and chase anyways, else we might be shooting ourselves in the foot ahead of time.

Luckily, you saw his true character when he tried to be too pushy. Cut this guy out of the picture and find someone with better class.

In truth, i've insisted more than once with many women and it's led to some great memories for the both of us; this unfortunately is just a horribly experience.

If he played his cards right, he could have used his confidence / humor / other characteristics to offset the lack of attraction. I see this a lot with men in my area dating some rather attractive females because the body builders are brain dead. ;)

As for the last question regarding the friend, it won't deter him sadly. Guys like him aren't calibrated to giving up - they see loss time and time again and are quite accustomed to the misery; he'll probably feel offended and hear some shit advice from one of his buddies that he's gotta earn your attention; then he's gonna keep bugging you. Like i said, cut your losses with that guy and add the friend like you want to; if he keeps bothering you just call the cops on him. It's not your place to teach a man how to treat a lady, he's gotta learn it first hand like we all had to.

Sounds like it would be a mighty awkward situation though if they are best friends; being at the same reunion together would just leave a static in the air; it's up to you to have the self-respect to not tune into the drama and just enjoy the evening while showing that you can still respect a human being even though he pushed against your boundaries. (e. g. dont start a scene because he shows up).

My answer was kind of choppy because there's so many variables, if i wasn't clear on something feel free to ask :) Good luck

• It might be a little choopy as you call it, but i get your point. Actually added the friend, so lets see how that goes! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• He's posing as a friend and waiting around until one day you hook up with him. some types of guys will pretend to agree to the friend deal because they get to be around you. their strategy is diferent. they feel that hanging around you as a friend gives them a better chance at getting with you then just not being around you at all.

I would NOT try to get with his friend. I just don't see it ending well for you. if he's a loyal friend, he won't do anything to hurt his friend. if he's a shady person he will try to hook up with you but more than likely won't date you because he will still sympathise with his friend but see you as a disloyal ho whos hurting his homeboy.

• How on earth would i be a "disloyal ho" when we have never dated? I get your point but how am i being a bad person/ doing something bad for wanting his friend?

• You're not, but some guys are irrational like that and would see you negatively in that way. for example, you rejecting his friend is hurting him... and turning around and trying to get with him even though they are friends could be seen as scandalous and negative. im just saying some guys may see you like that even though its not like ur going after your exes friend

• Well i did add the friend and he took contact with me on Facebook, so now we are dating