Do guys like independent girls?

I was talking to some friends today, and we were joking about how perpetually single I am. I don't have a problem laughing at myself for my general lack of a romantic life, but I do tend to wonder why I don't get guys. I made a joke that I was just overall unappealing, but then my one friend (who I think may or may not have a thing for me but I'm not sure) suggested that it was because I'm so independent, it almost seems like I don't need anyone, and my other friends seemed to agree with him. I've heard people describe me as independent before, but I was wondering if guys actually found independence and a woman who can be her own person and do her own thing to be an attractive quality.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• We might be living the same life ha!

It can be ! Sure but why would independence be a quality of allure? It's admirable someone can achieve the same results as those who rely on others but why would it be an attractive quality? I do not know.

The lack of desperation for love , that cuts out a part in a person that attracts those who are equally desperate i think.

• I just thought maybe independence in a woman (or, people in general, I guess) would be seen as attractive because independent people are more open to just being themselves, rather than pretending to be something they aren't. Also, they wouldn't need to constantly rely on others (like, for example, a significant other) to help them or do things for them, they're capable of taking responsibility for their own lives and actions. I don't know. I guess I'm just kind of grasping at straws at this point, trying to take my traits and see if they are capable of attracting the opposite gender.

• Well i suppose in a relationship there must be a mutual need for each other... too strong it becomes clingy too little there wouldn't even be one.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend likes that i'm independent, he is too. So we don't heavily rely on being with each other every waking minute, of course at the beginning of a relationship we made each other a priority, but after we saw each other when it was better timing for us, instead of getting stressed if we didn't gt to, now we make the time for each other and agree on those days, it's nice because you get the chance to really miss them and you don't feel bad for living your own life. It's important to be independent single or in a relationship because being single doesn't define you nor a relationship should. It's an attractive quality I would say because what good is it if you have a clingy person whose attached at your hip?