Did this shy guy reject me?

I've liked this shy guy for a while, and I think he likes me too. He's made some moves, but they were never consistent and always confused me. We've made out at a party, he's usually initiating conversations in person, always smiling and looking at me... and he's asked to hang out a few times but never really specified when. I've told him to text me when he wants to as he's a bit busier than I am.

Then last week he stopped by my place to drop some things off and he ended up staying for over an hour! That was the first time we were alone together and spent that long talking. He was moving closer and closer to me as the hour progressed and our legs were touching. He initiated a hug and then I said that we should hang out soon, text me! And he never did.

Then yesterday, I saw him and he offered to drive me home again (been doing that since October) and before I got out of the car I asked when he was free this week, and he just seemed thrown off and went "uhhh..." And made an I don't know face. So I made a joke and then said you're busy its ok, and he said "I'll text you. Ill actually text you though" so... he clearly didn't forget to text me last week and now I'm just a bit frustrated and confused.

Like what? Was he just being friendly the whole time?

10