Why do guys ask me if I am a daddy's girl?

My crush asked me if I am a daddy's girl. Why would he ask? I am not a daddy's girl my dad is emotionally abusive and I have major daddy issues. My crush is a lot older too. I am 23. i said nah I'm not a daddy's girl. Another guy had asked me that too. Would this disappoint guys? What would they think if I say I am not a daddy's girl? Why would they think I am one?
Oh well is it a certain vibe I give off? I Thought he meant am I my daddy's girl, I'm not so i was like no, with a flirty smile. I'm looking for a new daddy lol, think he caught on?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are crushing on older guys, people are going to think you have issues there. And it's mostly the daughters of abusive fathers who HAVE such issues, y'know!

• So he thinks I have daddy issues?

• Does that bother guys?

• Some guys want to be a father figure to a girl, others will run away from that role.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a Daddy's girl, but not in the sense that most think a daddy's girls is a spoiled brat who has daddy wrapped around her little finger, she's manipulative...

In my case my Dad and I are just great friends, we enjoy a great father, daughter relationship we do things together all the time, I do with my Mom too. I'm far from spoiled and certainly not manipulative.

What I think you're being asked in a round about way is, are you a drama queen? Are you spoiled? Do you expect me to jump every time you call?