Does it really matter that much that I'm a virgin?

How important is sex in a relationship? I'm 21 and still a virgin, I'm simply still a virgin because I haven't had a serious relationship yet and I don't want to loose my virginty to someone that doesn't love me. But can you really love someone without having had sex with them? And why won't they take my virginty?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Conceptually, it's our raison d'ĂȘtre, as for relationships... well, they're pretty much the reason that cross gender relationships exist at all... or to go even further, for different sexes to even exist.
    That being said, being a virgin or not is of little consequence (other than having varying degrees of experience, in this case none).
    As to the more important question of love, depends entirely on your definition thereof.
    Greek philosophy for example differentiates between 3 types of love, philia, eros and agape. Though as the discussion of this would encumber this question needlessly I'll leave the research to you. In the end it's a very personal definition after all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never equated love with sex.
    To be honest, I was horny by 16 or so.
    But I did what you did
    Just not quite as long
    I lost mine at 17
    I'm still with the same guy
    and yeah, still horny
    I can't go without sex
    I am nor some troll either.
    :))