Why are men turned off by a woman who is a feminist or has feminist views?

Many men I have met are always turned off when the topic on feminism is broughy off. I see their faces contort in a grimace at the very word "feminist" And when I am pursuing a male romantically, where I casually bring up the fact that I have feminist views, he will reply and say; "Youre not a feminist, are you? Please tell me you're not. If so, that is a huge turn off!"

Men of GAG... care to share your opinions? :)

725

Most Helpful Guy

• A woman calling herself a "feminist" is like a male calling himself an "alpha".
    It's not necessarily bad in of itself, but only a certain type of person feels the need to create a reason to tell they're a feminist or an alpha. And usually if they feel the need to mention it, they aren't someone you want to spend any considerable amount of time with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I identify as feminist. I told my boyfriend that those were my views and I asked him if he had any questions or concerns with that. I took the time to answer his questions. One of them was, "so does that mean you'll take me out on dates too and like, pay and stuff?" :p Answer: Yes! Like all the time.

He's in a feminism class right now and has informed me that he is apparently now the feminist and I am now the patriarchy. Lol

Suffice to say he's cool with the whole feminist thing. But I advocate for equality and a partnership and I think he sees and appreciates that.

I will say that it takes a special kind of guy to appreciate that type of characteristic in a partner.

With the stereotype of the feminazi I don't blame men of being wary.

• Awesome :DIm glad you have such an understanding partner who truly understands feminism! :)

• Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy. :) And by that, of course, I mean he's absolutely incredible haha