Guys telling a woman things like "you inspire me"?

I do comedy, comedy writing, improv, acting, music, baking of vegan donuts with oreos on top.

I get a lot of "you inspire me " from guys (of all people), which equates to "I just want to be friends, I don't ever want to date you." Am I right, fellas?

In fact, an Australian comedian friend just said that to me tonight hence my hasty concern.

I also get a lot of strange looks from guys I have never met but have probably come across on Twitter or Facebook. The look is kind of like this, "is that (insert my name here) standing 25 feet away from me?" and it includes a lot of silence, blinking, and staring on his part.

These are all legitimate concerns. I'm 29 and I live alone so I don't understand guys. I am also not famous by any means. I am poor.

Thank you in advance.

01