Guys, how different would the world be if women were in charge?

For e. g. there was female President of the United States. Other women in Presidential, Prime Ministerial and Heads of State roles, etc.

My question relates to women having the majority of these roles and men taking the "number 2" spot.

I note that there are many women who have powerful positions in the world already.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As much as I don't think women would get it perfect I think there would be much more focus on social issues - healthcare, childcare, welfare. Even in a country as right wing as the USA there is a clear split in votiing opinions between men and women. Men want a tough, hard government. Women, being less influenced by John Wayne movies, have more realistic expectations.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• There would be no difference internationally. Domestically, there would be more of an emphasis on how unfair the country is towards women. The current state of affairs shows that an emotional story trumps reality as the basis for action and there's no evidence that would change.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. You think men might end up being subjugated because of their sex? Women would promote their own issues over everyone/everything else?

• Not completely subjugated, but the controversial sexual harassment measures taken in real life have unstated assumptions that men are always aggressors, and most of them deny males access to relief if they are victims of harassment. They hand down severe punishments without allowing any due process rights under the contradictory assertions that they're necessary for the protection of women but also not really a serious penalty for men (so they have no right to complain). I mention this to illustrate what's happening in real life in the absence of evidence of a need for any of it to happen, except that it makes some women feel better, and makes politicians popular. An emphasis on WOMEN being in positions of power rather than PEOPLE who are fair will bring about more of the same.

• It would be the same. Power corrupts. People all feel one thing or another is wrong, so then that's what they wanna change. Even though it might not be broken for others.

Just rack everything up to being human.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you. Do you think that the policies and procedures would be the same? Do you think there would be more promotion of "women's issues"?

• I think everything would still be the same. All issues are supposed to be addressed whether men's or woman's. Now we may not feel like it all is being addressed, but that is because we don't hear about everything. We only hear about the stuff the media wants to talk about.

• "Well I do think, when there are more women, that the tone of the conversation changes, and also the goals of the conversation change. But it doesn't mean that the whole world would be a lot better if it were totally run by women. If you think that, you've forgotten high school."
    Madeleine Albright

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all.

The world would still be run by the same type of people. Do you think having Hillary Clinton or women like Margaret Thatcher running things would be so different?

The people who become leaders have a certain personality type. More men than women have that personality type, so far more men are trying and climbing their way to those positions. But the women in the mix are pretty much just like them. Removing the men would just leave the positions open for those women to take power.

The sort of men running the world are not like 'average' men any more then the sort of women who would run things would be like 'average' women.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's usually not the meek of heart who have the ambitions to climb to the very top of the power ladder of the world.

It's doesn't matter how most women are or behave because it would not be those women who would rule the world.

Believe it or not but most men are actually kind, loving and don't want war. But these kind of men don't reach the top because they are not ready to kill, bride and corrupt and do all the other things required to get to the very top of the world.

A king does not because a king because he is kind, and neither does a queen.

0|0
    0|0
  • itd probably be odd if it just suddenly switched but it would be the norm after awhile and end up with guys creating the meninists and wanting equality

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are in charge (at least in many democracies), as most eligible voters are women.

0|0
    0|0
  • there'd be p*rn of the president. that's one thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing would really change. People think women are these soft, innocent creatures, but in reality they can be just as violent as men are. If billions of dollars are at stake, many women have and do push for war. Still men are more inclined to believe in balanced budgets, and are more willing to make tougher choices. Women tend to strive for policies of caring and appeasement, which doesn't always work. It also doesn't seem to be sustainable. If you look at the origins of social security, I believe it was Otto von Bismark who masterminded the concept. It was basically designed to be a ponzi scheme, where the youth pay out more than seniors would receive benefits. They also set the retirement age really high for the time period, at age 70.

0|0
    0|0
  • No danger. Women are little Hitlers with a bit of power. They're happy doing dodgy stuff until the heats on then they lay it all at your doorstep and act all pathetic. Power to a women is like lsd to a toddler. They don't mix. Gives them delusions of grandeur and they start acting like the playground bully. Why do women bosses think they're funny as well? They can't tell the difference between banter and insults. I've had 2 women bosses in my life. Never again. Pure sexual harassment. Which wouldn't be bad if they hadn't had faces like melted Wellington boots. No. Society is putting the cart before the horse. Instead of easing women in they're shoving them through the door pellmell. Some of them are coming from running about after men all their lives straight into being supervisors and managers and they take all their spite out on the guys under them. It's no good

0|0
    0|0
  • If there are enough women who are capable of and inclined to lead like that, it will happen naturally. Don't hold your breath though.

People (both men and women) naturally view men as authorities and leaders much more so than women. Add to that the fact that women are less likely to even want to be in positions of leadership.

Men and women are just different in some very fundamental ways. Wanting us to be the same won't change that.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a hard question since it has never happened

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. Given that you're under 18, any thoughts about what it might be like for you/men in general?

What Girls Said 2

• Well, Finland already had a female president and a female prime minister at the same time, and it really didn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure I know... maybe everyone would be more sympathic!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes