How to get over a girl you loved?

We spent a lot of time together and I didn't even like her at first but eventually I really fell for her. It really sucks because she always wanted and text even though she was engaged because she was away from home. She didn't mention It. I said I liked her and she dodged the question one day she told me she was engaged. I don't know but I think I became addicted to her I felt so happy when I was with her then terrible when I wasn't. I'm not clingy or anything but being with her was amazing. Also I thought we were so close. Even though it was torture being with her and knowing I couldn't have her. I kept talking to her because not having around was even worse. I talked to other girls and they were a lot hotter but I didn't like them the same. Later she was being Really cold to me and she started to cut all contact. I really wish she could have just communicated with me, but she just acted like we never met and she completely cut me off. For a while things were not the same I was always sad and hurting I would have nightmares wake and scream and sometimes cry. Like the mental was hurting me physically. Before I met her I was so happy then she changed everything about me and then acts like nothing ever happened. This is crazy I didn't have sex with her. This the first girl I ever even really spent time with and I couldn't get enough. I don't know how I could let this happen. I'm not hurting any more but I think about her everyday even though she probably hates me and every now and then I feel sad about it but nothing like before. Now I dont want to be ever weak like that again and think all girls are just going to leave so theirs no point. I still don't know why she wanted talk to me when she's engaged because at first I wasn't trying to talk to her? Regardless of everything and I even know she wouldn't be right for me deep down I still kind of love her and I want it to go away because even though I have accepted It and don't hurt anymore I always think about it.
Man bro can someone please just help me out
What do you mean not give in so. Easily?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she was your first true love. First true loves can often be difficult to get over and overcome. It usually stays with you for a while till you decide to find someone else. Knowing that it's hurt you emotionally a lot, it sounds like you don't want to experience such an emotion ever again. But if is worth the hurt and pain to relive that emotion again, why wouldn't you?

• Yeah your right I don't want to try again I have never opened up to anybody and I did with her and she left me completely messed up I never want to be weak like that again even if I just won't love anyone. I can't believe after all I've been through she had more control over my emotions than anything I have ever faced. I never wanted any type of relationship and she made me need one and I can't go back to that

• Hey man, I'm glad I could help you out :)
      Don't let it phase you too much. Take care alright! And chin up

• Thanks for MH :)
      Hope your alright man