Do guys actually just care about looks?

I know people say that a lot, but I always thought everyone involved knew there was more to a relationship

Yet whenever some celebrity couple breaks up (most recently christiano ronaldo and irina shyak ) a lot of guys on social media post staged, photoshopped pictures of her saying something like "Christiano Ronaldo made a huge mistake" and he gets loads of likes and positive comments. I mean really?
Obviously we all don't know why they broke up, but it might be serious. Maybe she's abusive to his kid? But it's ok because she's pretty?
Or a while back I saw a post like "Whenever you feel sad, remember someone his divorcing her (Adriana Lima)" same thing. She might be a total bitch. Are look all that matters to you guys?

I guess a lot of people will say the guys posting that don't mean it. But then why say it? It's not funny and from what I can tell not meant to be. So why post it at all then?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People tend to not behave very rationally in large groups. It seems that IQ declines the more people are involved. It makes sense. When you buy into a "mob mentality", it would be highly inefficient to ponder deeply and be sentimental about things. For the sake of the mob, to get along, you go along.

Think of popular/viral social media posts as very large groups. That's what they are. If your input doesn't follow suit it will be buried or ridiculed (if you go against the grain) by the mob consensus. It's like the Asch Experiment on a massive scale.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men are visually stimulated. Women are fantasy/mentally stimulated.
    It goes back to the animal traits we have.
    Males would breed often with many partners and a healthy female was noticeable visually and therefore more alluring.
    Females would mate with the most alpha male, the one who had the strength, skills, and wit to survive the best.

We have evolved a lot but our animal programming still holds some ground.
    Men still have the desire to mate with multiple females all the time, even though they often don't due to societal standards.
    Women still have a desire to mate with the more successful male, the alpha, the dominant, powerful, more statured male.

We shouldn't try to understand the parts of the opposite sex that make us different, we should just understand the reasoning and know that it can not be reformed... and therefore should not be shamed or forced upon men to suppress. Women are not expected to suppress our desires and traits.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• No, that is just a huge gender stereotype which is false on so many counts. There are men who care only about looks, just like there are women who care only about looks as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • For guys a beautiful woman is the equivalent to a lady finding a millionaire. Its not that you don't care about other stuff. Its just that their status makes you willing to cope with more.
    I doubt that had anything to do with Rinaldo's situation. Pretty sure he can find a hotter one whenever he's ready

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll be honest, yeah it means a lot. It's not the only thing of course, but it's undeniable that a lot of the time, if a guy has the chance, he will go for the most attractive girl even if he doesn't really like her personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not all that matters to us. But it definitely means more to us than it does to females.

Generally speaking of course

0|0
    0|0
  • tbh honest i care more about looks

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummmmmmmm... obviously.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes