Do you guys get nervous when talking to a girl even though she's not your girlfriend? If so why?

Okay this just happened today while in class a guy talked to me always today though at the end of class he left without waiting for me I tried to catch up with him but not making it obvious so I just walked behind him to see if he would stop to talk to me and see if he was interested and if not then I would know but didn't show interest so that's my sneakyness and he did stop and walked with me but then he started getting nervous like shy and stuttering so what is that behavior suppose to mean? Has that happen to you?

01