Why is my friend pulling away?

two weeks ago, a guy friend asked to date me, but I declined. I didn't see him more than just just a friend. We both have a mutual friend. Let's call him guy friend 2. He is amazing and I enjoyed his company. We liked cracking jokes and tease one another. Now, all of a sudden, guy friend 2 is distant to me. Before he would acknowledge me and talk to me. Now, he only stares at me and is serious around me.

Does this have to do anything with our friend who asked me out? Why is he being distant? Funny thing is, it started right after I declined guy friend 1. It upsets me since he is acting like we were not friends or enjoyed one another's company. It is like our relationship became tense and I don't know what I should do. What do you guys think?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if I understand, but maybe both liked you, and one got beat to the punch. Now he's laying low (bros before ho) to not stir up tension.

Essentially two birds with one stone, now neither dude can swoop in

• Just that guy #2 has not been the same after our friend (guy #1) asked me out. Guy #2 used to be relaxed around me and his social self, but now he is just distant. Like he is not talking to me and is stiff around me. I have seen him staring, but not come close to me anymore. So, his behavior is confusing me... If it is what you say, then tension has already been stirred up... So, do you think I have lost my friendship with guy #2?

• Might have lost the friendship. He might have been buying time to ask you out, and now he doesn't know how to be around you since the dynamic has changed.

I'd ask him out directly, or start flirting with him to rebuild his confidence.

Or maybe he's staying his distance to not creep on you. He sounds like a nice guy, if you don't want a lose a nice guy, you gotta work to keep us

• I know, that is why I want to fix the problem. I do not like drama, but I also do not want this to hang over our heads until it is too late. Thank you for your honest opinion, It means a lot!