Do boys look down on girls who are childish?

What the question says pretty much
Updates:
Child like, not a drama queen or immature, just child like. Innocent

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I look down on anyone that is childish, but that's not to be confused with being a "child-at-heart."

Having a child-like sense of innocence, or whatever, is mostly fine and can be a good thing sometimes, but when someone is a constant whiner and gets all pouty when things don't go their way, especially over trivial things, as a child would, that's where it's bad...

So in an "immaturity-sense," yes... I tend to look down on that. But if, say, you still have a soft-spot for things you enjoyed as a kid/growing up, that's cool I guess... nothing wrong with that.

6|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 69

• It depends on what traits you are talking about. Personally I would say that her liking teddy bears, puppies and other girly things is a positive trait. Her not being able to handle the problems life throws at you, and remaining ignorant of the harsh grown up world can be a problem.

2|3
    0|0
  • If you are refering to a girl is still a child at heart than no, in fact i actually respect them because growing up can be hard but they still managed to keep what most of us have lost, our childhood.

If yoy are talking about childish behavour such as getting upset and complain when they dont get what they want than after a while i start to look down on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love childish girls they're funny and cute but I also fear I will corrupt there mind when I talk about some stuff like my buddy who had super protective parents we corrupt him really bad he now knows many "terms" that he would never learn unless it was the hard way

1|0
    0|0
    • If she had ADHD it probably won't corrupt her XD or at least for me that shields me from ever losing my innocents. muahahaha ^^

• So you think then you meet people like me and the mind is corrupt ;) yes I am evil but helpful so it balances out

• If she's an irresponsible spoiled brat that laughs out loud at everything and has the "only God can judge me" attitude then yes.

0|2
    0|0
    • What if she makes fun of your clothes?

How can boys step outside freezing weather without proper winter clothes?

• Show All
    • But did he judge you in front of other people?
      @love66 for exactly the same reasons you bite yours.

• Yup definitely judged me in front of other people.

• It varies.

Acting childish/acting cute is a turn-off.

Being child-like in curiosity, or being really naive about the world, is a turn-on but yet "childish".

Being drawn todays cute and cuddly things and things that are meant for a young audience (say cartoons etc.) could be considered childish too, whether that's a turn on/off depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you mean by childish.

If you mean childish as in bratty: spoiled, whiny, throws tantrums and always wants things her way, then that is annoying and unattractive.

If you mean childish as in playful, cutesy, excitable, impish, lighthearted, mischievous and/or whimsical, then that is wonderful and attractive to me.

What do you mean by 'innocent'? Like... inexperienced sexually? Like... naive? Needs more clarification.

1|0
    0|0
  • No way, childish girls are ridiculously rare, women all want to act old and Classy and there's nothing wrong with that, It's just , you have too, ABSOLUTELYYY HAVE TOO, remember, that you have that inner fun that you can let loose once in a while !

What's the point in being serious in life~
    You wanna be alive JUST TO PAY BillS?

JEEEESH~ Rock on Love, Rock, the EFF On~

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on whst she's being childish about but. At my age I'm trying to attract more intelegent and intellectual female company so always going to parties every Friday , Saturday is my idea of childish, or having a fan club of boys blow your phone up is childish. And spending all your money on shoes, and dresses is my idea of childish also. But that's just me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if they're just innocent, but I can't stand it when people laugh at other people in a mocking sort of way.

If you're just innocent, that's fine, as long as it's genuine and not that acting dumb thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's really cute as long as she's not overly sheltered. If she's aware if all the negative things around her and is still super happy then that would be fantastic. Most of the people around me are pretty cynical and I'm getting sick of it. It would be

1|0
    0|0
  • All people look down on people who are "childish" except for the one who are having a ball being "childish".
    I love acting crazy and that is a type of childish behaviour. But I do not cry if someone gets a ether Christmas present or punch people who do not deserve it. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't look down on her, but I won't date her either. I'm too old for that, and girls stuck on childhood aesthetics generally have some harsh life lessons to learn and that's a bunch of drama I don't want, need, or tolerate.

0|0
    1|0
  • I dont think I would look down on them, I would encourage them to learn a bit about the world , after all innocence will eventually be lost, the world can be a harsh place.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's really cute :) we could stay in and make forts out of furniture one day then go out the next and do drive-bys with water guns on people while riding on a bicycle. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you mean by childish if you're talking about like you want to go play hide and seek with someone first off I'm down I haven't played hide seek in years get 3 other people to join in, it would funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • I look down on childish women/girls because I don't like when a female acts like she can't stand on her own two feet and take care of her responsibilities. It's not a attractive long term relationship quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • What you mean by childish?

I love a girl who like to drop the "mature" wall and just be fun once in a while

1|1
    0|0
    • Update : If by childish you mean innocent, that turn me on. I love to play with innocent girl.

• not necessarily, but i could not be with a girl who is super childish. it would drive me nuts.

Constant giggling and talking? no thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the guy. Also depends on your definition of "childish".

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the childish behavior. if your acting like a little kid, then that's weird but if you are just being playful-like then that's cool, I love when girls are like that with me. it just means that they re comfortable with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • no generally dont. now i suppose u have a specific person in mind.. to him maybe.
    to some intelligence is a turn on, to some maturity, to some child like behaviour, as long as ur deal with everything dat matters with maturity but its juz ur general nature which is childish.
    i personaly like the childish nature when ur alone with the person, not all the time though.

u say just child, innocent?
    well i would love dat, who wouldn't like a cute , innocent faced girl, but with maturity otherwise like in decisions or important stuff.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if she is bad with decisions and makes bad choices.

• Show All
    • I just kind of said something stupid in front of everyone... Knowing everyone would keep away fr me he did too, (it was in the classroom).

Okay I'll keep that tip in mind to talk 50/50!

by the way if you wanted a girl to be happy does that mean you care about her, of you like her?

• hmm now dat ur conscious of it, its likely u won't repeat it, think first say after, actually there's nothing rong in saying ur heart out aloud but the world is twisted now and so will u have to learn to be. okay

well for me, i ll want any one and everyone to be happy.
      but in general, if they want u happy, they care for u, dats fr sure.
      like u- may or may not be.

• if you act like a child i'll treat you like one- simple as

1|0
    0|0
  • If just innocent and not immature then not at all. It is okay to be immature once and while if its intended to be humorous though!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hah! As a childish guy, I'd love to date a fellow childish person.

2|0
    0|0
  • I want a grown women I don't have time for games...

2|0
    0|0
  • I prefer more mature girls, but I think they can be cute. One of the girls that I might kinda like is pretty childish, but she'd definitely cute

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to say that i don't personally do that, my girlfriend is 3 years older than me, and for 2 years i made fun of her for being a pedo because i was still underage when she turn 18, so im the child-like one, but her little sister is just 1 years younger than me is she puts me to shame when we compete to see who is the most baby-like when we are in public, i love that about her, but i also love her as a sister, so if you refer to "if we guys look down on our crush/girlfriend for being childish" i not sure i could answer the same, tho she too can be like that sometimes but does not make me love her any less, if any gives me the chance to be the adult for her, but if your question was in general then i stick with my answer, no i dont look down on girls that are childish

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, for me no. Some of my best gal friends are really childish, like me. It's a really good trait, seems more friendly!

1|0
    0|0
  • girls are just childish in general. kind of hard to look down on EVERYBODY

1|0
    0|0
  • No, most will probably see it as either cute or easy to take advantage of

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 22

• Not if they are pedophiles.

Young at heart is good. A woman or man child is not good.

Mature people know how to kick back and have fun

Childish people are constantly stressed about everything bc they are immature

I think you should define childish so we know what you're talking about

Puppies are not childish for example. Tantrums are childish. Not knowing how to do day to day things necessary to survive is childish. Being playful is not childish. Being incompetent is childish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends HOW childish lol. Like if he's a bit childish here and there i can tolerate that but if its too muchh all the time... nuh uhh. I can't. That's a no, no. He gotta know when to be serious and when it's okay to be childish.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is a time and place for child-like behaviour. I think being a child at heart is great when used appropriately.

0|0
    0|0
  • i love this question, coz I wonder about it too..
    is it too weird for being playful or happy go lucky in my age, as others tends to be more serious in every matter ;(

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's the reverse. Girls don't like guys who are childish because it's like going shopping with your younger brother instead of your your boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Based off experience, guys dont exactly look down but don't see them as nothing more then a child/sister. Someone that they couldnt potentially be romantically interested in if thats what you mean

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how a man would find a childish girl attractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends whether it is sincere or whether it is fake.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some even have a fetish on childish girls! Don't be surprised if he asks you to call him "daddy" during sex though...

0|0
    1|0
  • I guess some guys like a girl with childish humor inside the girl. But I'm not a boy so I really don't know what guys are thinkin so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares what they like you're great if they can't see that forget them :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person as you can read from the comments. Sure you can be childish but you should also be mature at times to show you are not a child anymore. Because childish behaviour, as you describe it, does not mean you are a child.

I am also kinda childish and most people like it and others do not. It just depends for you to know where you can be childish and with who you have to act more grown up. If we are talking friends you should find friends who will tolerate the childish behaviour because that is something that will belong to you and you want to be yourself around your friends.
    If we are talking about love you need to show both sides. As you see in the comments, some girls don't mind and others do. And once a guy likes a girl, he will eventually like her more if she shows more of her.
    Good luck! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I am pretty child like myself (not immature or ires

0|0
    0|0
  • I always thought they'd find it cute.

0|1
    0|0
    • I thought boys find it cute when girls get mad

• In the case of innocence, I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or those with childish voice?
    @Keyspirits

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not of they are good guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't think this is right

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugh no I know some guys that love that or play it

0|0
    0|0
  • Boys have told me they like it

0|0
    0|0
  • God I hope not...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the most child like person i have ever known and i don't think that will go away ever. Its who i am weather i like it or not. I don't take things so seriously

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes