GUYS: What would you do if your gf told you she does self harm?

So guys if your girlfriend had been doing self harm and cutting herself, then told you, what would you do? Would you get mad and ignore then forgive her, break up with her, try to help her, or do absolutely nothing?
  • Get mad and forgive her later
    Vote A
  • Break up with her
    Vote B
  • Try to help her
    Vote C
  • Do absolutely nothing
    Vote D
  • Other/IDK/Results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll get mad, but not like in super angry, more like when a kid puts his hand in the fire and a father gets mad... I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but the fact is that I'll get scared at first, not of her, but of why she has those thoughts, that's maybe why it triggers that feeling of anger, but I would obviously try to help her. I've had suicidal thoughts for many years, so I know what kind of thoughts she's going through, and they're kind of scary, and I also know how much you want someone to help you.
    The last thing I want is for my girlfriend to harm herself, knowing she has someone with her that's willing to help her no matter what.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I'd take it very seriously. No matter who the girl is, I'd help her and never leave her alone in such conditions. I'd try to make her feel comfortable/relaxed and happy and seek a professional help for her.
    If a guy leave a girl alone and breaks up because of this, he doesn't deserve any girl.
    I don't know if you are suffering from this but if it is the matter then please don't feel insecure. There's nothing to be ashamed of.
    Good luck :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be deeply devastated and fearful. Somehow some way I'd find a way to blame myself for not being enough to cheer her up out of the habit or for not seeing red flags. I'd sit her down and have a long conversations begging her to stop and promising to help her in any and every way I could. I'd tell her to hit me up whenever she feels the urge to cut so I can comfort her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was dating this one girl and she did seft harm i did get mad and upset with her but at the same time i was right there help any way i could if the person truly loves the person that will do amything for that person

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell her that I care about her very much and that it hurts me to see her hurt herself. I would very much try and get her to seek help so that she stops.

0|0
    0|0
  • Support her, love her, and help her get professional help.

It's part of an illness, not something that you shame someone for.

0|2
    0|0
  • If a guy left a girl because she needed help it would only mean he's thinking of himself and nobody else and guy or girl like that isn't a guy or girl somebody needs around.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would make me sad that she was feeling that way and I would try to help her in any way possible

0|0
    0|0
  • We would take each day as it comes and find away to stop and why she's cutting.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be quite the shock, but I'd definitely try to help her.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case I do only hold her so firmly in a hug and say. We both are one, if she wants to start cuts, start from me. (I am especially habitual to small cuts like a everyday thing to me they do not pain) also I will take psychological help to get her better.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes