Why are a lot of men on this site so butthurt?

'I'm short, poor and ugly so I'll die a virgin and never find love'
'All girls are bitches and never give me a chance'
'Girls only like arrogant and alpha guys and overlook us nice guys'
'I'm giving up on women'

Everyday on this site I see a statement along the lines of one of the above by a guy. It's highly irritating. Why are guys, particularly on this website, so bitter and resentful of women? It's like a trend here.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Those guys are normally in a lot of pain. People trivialize their pain, and often even make fun of them. We are expected to just get over it and man up. This is why so many men only talk this way online and not in their daily lives. A lot of men are still forced to hide their emotions in public, and can only vent online.

Often if they do get advice, it is terrible advice that doesn't help them at all, which adds to their frustration. This is why there are so many angry "nice guys". These men are doing exactly what they were told to attract a woman, and it is backfiring on them. They do things like "be friends first" instead of just asking her out at the beginning. A lot of these guys have even been taught that not acting submissive and letting a woman walk all over him, means that he is an asshole.

Those men need real help. Advice on how to improve themselves, and far more emotional support than they currently get know. Unfortunately some of these men may not be ready to hear the truth while they are ranting online because they are in too much pain at the time.

If you came across a woman that experienced similar pain, and said similar things about men, I have no doubt you would give her way more support than you would give those men. You certainly wouldn't call those women butt hurt and expect them to get over it. When a woman does the same thing as these men, people see her as a woman in pain, but when a man does it, he is just butt hurt. You may be surprised to learn this, but men have feelings too, and our emotions are commonly tossed aside simply because we are men. There are double standards both genders have to deal with, and this happens to be one that hurts men.

1|3
    0|0
    • This actually makes so much sense. Thanks for your input.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• People need to vent. Are you suggesting that their issues aren't real? Because if you are, then you're wrong. You need to understand that not everyone has the wonderful life that you do, or your level of self esteem.

Can it get annoying? Of course. Some guys don't want to learn, but after knowing why they do what they do, it's no surprise why they don't learn. Learning isn't their objective. Venting is, and they are venting because life sucks for them at that particular moment.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm not denying their right to vent at all, I'm just saying they seem to blame all their problems on women. Like their success in life depends on that.

• Show All
    • You're right, but surely women aren't the only thing that determine self worth..

• Getting a girl is not the only goal, but it is the main goal in life for most guys. It may not be everything, but there's a reason we are willing to put up with games and social customs that are stacked against us. Getting a girl means that much. Feeling loved for who we are means almost everything.

Even you could relate to that.

• It's not just this site.

- guys who are unsuccessful spend more time online talking about it.

- guys don't talk about this stuff in real life, online is their only place to do so.

- shifts away from dating towards hook ups leave a bunch of guys striking out.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some of them might be looking for relationship here, because they think that if they look sad and without hope someone will fall in love with them on the internet...

1|0
    0|0
    • But this isn't a dating site...

• Exactly! I still struggle to understand why people think it is... They don't say that open but if you read between lines you could find people thinking that this is a dating site.

• Hmm that's a good point actually. The name of the site itself could lead people to think that.

• Why are a lot of women on this website butthurt? Just looking at some of the popular questions right now I see, "Do you hate when guys say, "The Natural look is better"?" "Why am I single if im pretty?" "Why am I never the hot girl?" "What's wrong with you guys?" "Why am I single? Never had a boyfriend?" Everyone gets butthurt, men and women, and even you sound a little butthurt about guys being butthurt. Which is kinda funny.

0|2
    0|0
  • Apparently all your looking at is the mens posts then. I rarely look at what the guys post since I am on here for a womans perspective. You see the same thing about women. "my tits are too small " millions of "boobs or ass" (neither matter women), "why are guys so mean" , "why didn't he text me 3 seconds after I texted him" whine whine whine.
    however, that is kinda what this site is about. it would be nice if people would stop making sweeping generalizations. If a guy didn't call you back it doesn't mean ALL guys are assholes.
    It does show the huge difference between the way men and women think...

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, just like if one girl rejected you doesn't mean all girls are bitches and you'll forever be alone.

• no, that is true. lol...

• If you think about it, it is on the title GirlsAskGuys and vice versa. They just found a perfect a website where they can complain the insecurities they have and ask women on this site what they think etc.. Cause realistically, there are shit loads of guys out there in the world who are insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • They want a pity party thrown for them. Easier to complain than hoist up their britches and get to work improving themselves.

2|0
    0|2
  • Meh. Everyone find their own ways to vent frustration and stress. Some prefer to do it in public. Unless they are asking if their roosters are big enough. Those are the really annoying ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well perhaps you encountered me before I say things like the first one, but I assure you I don't blame women for not being attracted to me. I would not be attracted to me if I was in their shoes.

0|0
    0|0
  • People all have their problems. Guys come here to talk about it and also girls come here to talk about it because they probably don't really have nobody close to them to vent these things too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, this is a site for people who are looking for some relationship advice/help with the opposite sex. So I guess it isn't surprising that it would attract those kinds of people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like they make a big deal after they failed something relating to girls. Then they may generalize their local experience as in global women: 'You meet one of them, you've met all of them'. Thankfully it is impossible to declare the one, who is the beloved as guilty in a working state.

But... Now that I made my input, I might aswell get over this one now:
    Yeah, I'll die a virgin (and/because) I don't consider to start with women. Guess what? I ain't butthurt. Just saying (;

The only thing, that hurts me is my lower back :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Its something girls wouldn't understand because they've never been on the receiving end of it

0|0
    1|0
  • Your happyness is to do what you do but my happyness is to get something what not comes as I was young boy , and makes me feel worth and happy
    It is not that bad but where to seek for help

Is rule if you fail then next it will be harder to move on

Some guy are broken and feel unfair that noone will rescue them. but someone will girls. Guy are just envious about girls ability to give birth and live happy. adoption is not the same, even single guys are adopting

Who to blame about this mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause I have hemorrhoids

2|3
    0|0
  • Because guys suck.

2|0
    0|3
  • Because women are nuts

0|2
    0|0
  • PFFFFFTTTT
    hahahahahahahahaha

Why are women so insecure? they always post questions about how do i look?

0|1
    2|0
  • FUCK WHY ARE THERE NO ONE IN SOCIAL GROUPS I HAVE NO FRIENDS WHY THEY ALL OVER 50 FUCK MY LIFE I HAVE NO FRIENDS

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

4|3
    0|0
  • Because women don't like them, I really can't blame them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are not getting what they want from women and blame them.

I'm sure most of them wouldn't be here if they just got laid more often. Ironically, their attitude and response to not getting enough sex will just decrease their chances of getting enough sex.

I'm a 21 year old virgin and I still like women. My best friends on this site are girls. I know why I'm a virgin and it's no one's 'fault' so I don't feel the need to blame anyone.

2|0
    0|0
  • You forgot the guys with small penises, but at least their complaints are valid.

1|0
    0|0
    • Those too, no amount of questions with girls screaming SIZE DOES NOT MATTER will quell their insecurities.

• It's because all it takes is one woman saying "anything smaller than 8" is a baby dick" to make those insecurities flare up again.

• Because all the women on this site are insane. It's a trade-off.

1|1
    2|0
    • ^ What she said.

• Show All
    • Okay, so once I ran into this girl who said "My boyfriend is abusive and cruel and I don't want to leave him because I love him!" and I thought, "Well, that's madness!" and then clicked on the relationships section and realized that's 80% of the questions there asked by girls.

From this I decided that day forward that the women on this website are insane. Myself included.

What Girls Said 6

• Ummm, maybe because women ARE bitches, all of them. Some more than others. Men aren't made of stone. They have the same insecurities and doubts as women do.

0|9
    2|0
    • Every woman? Okay...

• Show All
    • IMHO right here!

• @jmmmfi
      I'm just being honest. Any woman that says she's not a bitch, is lying to herself.

• It's tough out there and it's nice to have a place to vent. I don't mind them and I also don't think they truly feel that way about all women.

0|4
    0|1
  • Because they are pissed at life and blame it on women for the lack of success

1|2
    0|1
  • I know right

2|1
    0|3
  • I couldn't agree more. Nice rant! ;-)

1|1
    0|4
  • Because theyre not very nicel people and rather prejudiced

0|1
    0|5

Recommended myTakes