Why are a lot of men on this site so butthurt?

'I'm short, poor and ugly so I'll die a virgin and never find love'
'All girls are bitches and never give me a chance'
'Girls only like arrogant and alpha guys and overlook us nice guys'
'I'm giving up on women'

Everyday on this site I see a statement along the lines of one of the above by a guy. It's highly irritating. Why are guys, particularly on this website, so bitter and resentful of women? It's like a trend here.

625

Most Helpful Guy

• Those guys are normally in a lot of pain. People trivialize their pain, and often even make fun of them. We are expected to just get over it and man up. This is why so many men only talk this way online and not in their daily lives. A lot of men are still forced to hide their emotions in public, and can only vent online.

Often if they do get advice, it is terrible advice that doesn't help them at all, which adds to their frustration. This is why there are so many angry "nice guys". These men are doing exactly what they were told to attract a woman, and it is backfiring on them. They do things like "be friends first" instead of just asking her out at the beginning. A lot of these guys have even been taught that not acting submissive and letting a woman walk all over him, means that he is an asshole.

Those men need real help. Advice on how to improve themselves, and far more emotional support than they currently get know. Unfortunately some of these men may not be ready to hear the truth while they are ranting online because they are in too much pain at the time.

If you came across a woman that experienced similar pain, and said similar things about men, I have no doubt you would give her way more support than you would give those men. You certainly wouldn't call those women butt hurt and expect them to get over it. When a woman does the same thing as these men, people see her as a woman in pain, but when a man does it, he is just butt hurt. You may be surprised to learn this, but men have feelings too, and our emotions are commonly tossed aside simply because we are men. There are double standards both genders have to deal with, and this happens to be one that hurts men.

• This actually makes so much sense. Thanks for your input.