What's the most you have cried in the last couple of years?

What happened that made you cry? Sadness, happiness, or other?
Updates:
Wow, and I thought there'd be hardly any answers to this question!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother-in-law passed away suddenly seven months ago (he and my sister had only been married a year and a half).

I used to cry easily during movies and such, but ever since then it seems like there isn't really anything to cry over anymore.

0|0
    0|0
    • So touching, your thoughts. Could you friend me so I could follow you?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 24

• Dislocated knee. That was pretty bad. I was surfing for the weekend and there was no bus home, so even when the pain was gone I had stay in bed while everyone else had fun

1|0
    0|0
  • I think in the past 2 years I've cried a total of perhaps 5 times.

Death, money issues, and feeling incompetent.

Those are the three main contributors to my tears at all times.

1|0
    0|1
  • Pretty much once every other day at this point. Depression and my terrible body/weight issues, and difficulty seeing anything good in my future

0|1
    0|0
  • The last couple of years have been tough. I've lost three grandparents, a very close friend, and recently my dog. I would say I cried the most when my Opa (paternal grandfather) died.

0|3
    0|0
    • Sorry about your recent loss. Well, I'm sorry for all your losses, but recent ones tend to sting the most.

• Man I cried so much when Paul Walker died! I ain't never cried like that over a celeb before. Ion think I ever cried like that over a friend or family before. I cried like 2 days straight. I cussed out all the hoes who had sumn smart to say including my parents. They let it slide that day lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I was devastated when he died! I cried every time I saw him on TV. They were advertising Brick Mansion when he died and I'd break down every time the commercial came on. I still can't watch movies with him in it without crying lol.

• When my family decided to watch old videos from birthday parties and such. My parents passed away some years ago so watching those videos of us together pretty much destroyed me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I cried when my husband left for basic training. I cried a lot though that may have been because. i was pregnant. And I cried more recently because I found out that when my husband gets back for his MOS training he's getting deployed for six months. Let's day im not happy. He's going to miss the whole first year of our youngest, more birthdays, our anniversary, and our oldest first day of pre k.

0|0
    0|0
  • When my father was suffering from cancer. I didn't let him see me cry, but i cried nearly everday. Just seeing him in pain and suffering after his operation was unbearable. I felt so helpless. You could have flooded the ocean with the tears i cried

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why but I always make up scenarios in my head where my boyfriend breaks up with me, so the other day I was thinking and I made one up where he broke up with me and found someone else who made him really really happy. And I couldn't stop crying. Even though it wasn't even real. My nose got so stuffed that I couldn't breathe out of it at all

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest I cry a lot.
    So I'm not really sure.
    When I was in the hospital withdrawing from Xanax I cried every night :/ I also cried a lot when my mom got really sick and was hospitalized.

I've never cried from happiness.

0|0
    0|0
    • how bad does someone's anxiety have to be before Xanax is recommended?
      also were your experiences with it bad?

• Show All
    • "I've never cried from happiness."
      It's my sincere hope that you cry from happiness in the near future.

• @bluemax thank you. I hope so as well

• I cry really easily. The other day one of my highschool teacher passed away. I cried a lot, he was such a good man and truly loved to teach.

1|1
    0|0
  • Most recently, my sister's funeral.

And then I have my nights when I need to empty the bottle, so I cry pretty hard those nights as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from dissapointments and heartbroken. Sometimes just happens without me expecting it. I was never so sensitive as a few years ago or now. Sucks!

1|0
    0|0
  • I cried when my ex broke up with me... blaming me for everything.

I cried 2 nights ago BC my dad's been sick since last November & he can't catch a break :( its stressing him, me & my ma out... :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I'm a little bit on the weepy side. I mostly cry either from sadness or frustration. I rarely cry from happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've at least cried a few buckets in the past few years because of sadness, disappointment and grief. :'(

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was finally convinced that my long-time love would never have feelings for me. (We're now engaged. Never give up hope like that.)

1|0
    0|0
  • when i was sexually assaulted and none of my friends would take the time to help me though it.

0|0
    0|0
  • When my sister had an accident and she was almost dying. Im not the type of person to cry but when that happened I cried day and night.

0|0
    0|0
  • when i broke up with my ex. b/c he cheated. hardest thing to do but it was the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom died from cancer, she was the only person on earth that truly loved me.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry for your loss :(

• Show All
    • As for her being the only person on earth who truly loved you, I hope that changes soon.

• Oh thanks thats sweet! but there no love like a mother's love ;)

• Im usually really depresfull person so I cry almost every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry a lot, so I can't really remember a time where it was worse than any other.

0|0
    0|0
    • nothing specific?

• Well, I was used for sex a few times, I've been dumped, my parents disregard my feelings, I don't know what I'm doing with my life, I've lost pets, I have very low self-worth, I worry about how long my loved ones have left on this world, etc.

I cry over a lot of things. I can't really rank which makes me cry more.

• My bf made me cry when we got into an argument

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Call me weird, but I shed tears quite often (perhaps once a week), although I don't make it obvious to people around me. Blame it on me being an emotional guy, or the hardships I've faced in my life. But yeah, I don't give a hoot if people judge me for this, because I know very well that I'm no pushover, and am capable of fighting tooth and nail for myself and my close ones, whenever needed.

1|0
    0|1
  • When my father and wife died within a few weeks of each other. I didn't think a human could hold that much water. I know you said a couple of years and it's coming up on the four year anniversary, but I haven't cried much about anything else since.

I'm trying to see things in terms of I was blessed to have known them for the time I did.

1|0
    0|0
    • Only hardship can reveal true strength.
      That means you're one tough bad ass.

• For me anyways its like certain things are not worth talking about because it only brings me down. When the night falls, there are times when her ghost will come to my dreams, hoping for her touch, tasting her kiss and smiling to hear her voice just once more then the tears come like a waterfall. Nothings ever been right since...

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a few years ago, when I was standing next to my paternal grandmother on her deathbed...

she was a very wealthy woman and the lawyers wanted to talk to her about her will but all she wanted to do was to spend time with me, be it for the most mundane things like; asking me what my favorite yogurt flavour was... that was the last thing i heard from her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadness, when my grandpa died. I actually a bit more for my maternal grandpa than my paternal grandpa. I think growing up, I spent more time with the former than the latter, which is why I cried more than the other. That doesn't mean I don't love my paternal grandpa any less.

0|0
    0|0
    • I confess I was more attached to my paternal grandfather than my maternal one. My paternal grandfather had a very gentle disposition.

• That's cool. Mine both had a gentle disposition. Although, my maternal grandpa sometimes would have his upsetting moments if us kids made him upset. Otherwise, he was pretty cool.

• I can't imagine what it would be like for me the day my parents die. I will CERTAINLY need some comfort that day.

• I haven't cried since forever. The last time I really cried was when my pet died. Beside that, nothing drive me to get down and cry like a baby anymore...:/

0|0
    0|1
    • A friend of mine is like that. He claims to have not cried his adult life. I believe him. I'm not sure whether to envy him or not

• @JackKerouac77 knows the answer to this question.
    https://youtu.be/R7uC5m-IRns

1|1
    0|0
  • I watched The Green Mile. Thats was only time I've cried in the last probably ten years, other than when my grandmother died. That movie really got to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry about your grandma. Watch Johnny Got His Gun if you want a real tear jerker.

• When Sarah died in Joel's arms in The Last of Us. Gets me every time.

1|1
    0|0
  • When my seven year old nephew was hit by a car and draged a hundred feet before the women stopped because she was sending a text and didn't know what happened. Needless to say he didn't survive.

0|0
    0|0
  • A shitty break-up which neither of us wanted... It took me about four months to finally stop. I think it's only been once since then.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was quite devastated when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer over a year ago. I think I shed a few tears over that. Luckily they discovered it in a routine yearly test so they were able to attack it early. She's currently cancer free and in remission for a year. Something like 1/3 of people with breast cancer get it again within the first year so we were nervous when she got tested again and fortunately she was still good. Gotta thank doctors who save the lives of the people we love. Much appreciation from me that's for sure.

Leonard Nimoy passing away kind of hit me hard too because he was a staple of my childhood. He got me interested in learning about the universe and logic and reason. That Twitter post he left not long before he died was so intense too.. :'(

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" Holy shit that made me tear up.. Telling everyone to Live Long And Prosper.. Ah SO MANY FEELS!

3|0
    0|0
    • I'm glad your mom is doing well! That's amazing

• Show All
    • Glad to hear your mother is cancer free. By the way, I was bummed out about Nimoy myself.

• @bluemax Thanks man. She was just lucky they caught it early. She didn't need chemo just surgeries to remove cancerous tissue and some radiation treatment. I say "just" like it wasn't a big deal but it was scary for a little while.

• I... haven't really cried last couple of years.
    A lot of people were crying around me but my tears never came.

My maternal grandmother died of a stroke 2 years ago.
    My paternal grandfather died of a total organ failure 1 year ago.

Both of them loved me to bits but... well... we had a chance to say goodbye , their affairs were in order and well...
    I guess my mentality of.
    "We did all we could. There's nothing we can do now"
    Just stopped me from crying I suppose.

I find myself hard to be sad at things I cannot change, there's one thing that made me sad however...

My life.
    The feeling of self-worthlessness.
    My parents.
    How they are willing to give up freedom and their free-will for the sake of security.
    My country.
    How it has fallen , corrupted and been possessed.
    Time.
    How no matter how much I do , time is still just one step ahead of me and I fear I am running out of time.

Time...
    I fear time.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't. I've had a really fucked up childhood/adolescence and everything but life is about making choices and never looking back.

0|0
    0|0
  • when i was playing Crash Nitro Kart 2 years ago... :-/

0|1
    0|1
  • I was feeling really good one day and saw someone I kinda, sorta, barely knew from my old school and so I stopped to say hello. She was with two friends and so I was just asking them what they've been up to etc. Just your basic things. While I was talking to hear I heard one of her friends whisper to the other, "this guy's really weird and creepy". I hadn't asked any inappropriate or forward questions or anything, but I guess I must've done something. Anyway, I quickly said goodbye, drove home and just broke down. I had major depression for four years or so, am getting help but still struggle sometimes. Still have really low self-esteem and confidence. So I'll admit I'm emotionally fragile, but that was the last time. I almost cried a couple times during my last therapy session, but I held it in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a relationship and I cried like an baby when it ended. on my own time though

0|0
    0|0
  • Cried because my ex cheated on me but that's 2 years ago

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry when I feel lonely and don't have any girls to talk to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Zero times

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes