#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

What's the point of telling a girl you like her again after she's rejected you?

I'm sure girls do this too sometimes. I'm not trying to have a gender war here.

But this happens to me with nearly every guy who's ever admitted to liking me.
We'll be friends, and then they'll admit their feelings, and I'll tell them I don't feel the same and perhaps we can still be friends, they say okay. Give it a few weeks or months and they'll tell me again that they like me, and I tell them again that I don't feel the same. The cycle continues. And no, I'm not flirting with them. Regardless, an explicit NO! means NO! Why keep setting yourself up for rejection?

Here's an example.
Became friends with this guy about a year ago. Within a month he asked me out. I declined. We stayed friends. He kept flirting so I told him explicitly that we're always gonna be JUST friends. Give it a few months, he confesses his love for me. I tell him I don't feel the same and if he wants we can still be friends. He says okay. Few days later he asks if we can go on a date. I say no. Then he tries to get me chocolate for Valentine's day. Also tries to take me on another date. I say no.

WHY? it isn't just him! !! Its been several guys now.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not one to put much effort into any one woman, but there are guys willing to beat their head against a wall because on rare occasions it works, sometimes because there are women like this: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1358338-i-rejected-my-crush-at-work-twice-oh-my

• She rejected him bc he's her coworker...

• The vast majority of girls aren't like that and I can guarantee you the guys who are pushy and incessant haven't met a girl like that, they just can't accept a no

• Haha, I'm well aware of that reality, but there are enough women who behave that way that some guys hold onto hope, plus most guys have not had any help in learning the realities of the dating world to know any better. It's comparatively few men who have a lot of dating experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• They may think that you'll change your mind. Like this one friend asked me out when I was going out with his friend than after our breakup he made another move and he knew that I still had feelings for my ex at the time, what a real friend he was :/

What Guys Said 5

• They keep asking because people change their minds. A while ago I asked a girls out and she said no, I asked her out again about a year later and she said yes. People change

• A year later, yeah I get that.
      Consistently again and again over the course of a year, NO! !

• Fare enough

• I used to have this problem. It's because girls say that they like guys who "give them the chase" and we think that's what that means.

• That's bullshit. Girls don't reject guys they like because they want to be harassed with "dO YOU LIKE ME NOW? HOW ABOUT NOW? NOW? "

• Don't play the victim. Girls shouldn't swoon over stalker type characters in movies and not expect guys to think that works.

• I've never met a girl who swoons over stalkers..

• those guys who do they just hope the girl will say yes...

this

• That's incredibly stupid :/

• i can't imagine your pain. this must be soo hard for you. being hit on by soo many people. why don't you accept one of the many guys throwing themselves at your feet? maybe they'll stop then.

• yeah no I don't want to date someone I don't want to date. And wake the fuck up, get out of your self centered bubble, there's a trillion more problems in the world than the ones you experience.

• Well if he asks once and a decent amount of time (a few months/years) goes by then it's not unreasonable for him to wonder if maybe she'd changed her mind. This seems more like a case of men who are creeps not taking no for an answer.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!