Dads and older brothers why do u do this?

Dads and older brothers why are u so judgmental and over protective when ur daughter/sister brings a guy home to meet u? My older brother and dad ( who are both in law enforcement) interrogated my ex boyfriend so much it freaked him out and he broke up with me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Since they are both in law enforcement they likely scumbags every day and they know better than most of us what evil is out there. They love you and just want the best for you.

Now, not to be a dick, but a lot of law enforcement people take those jobs because they like to be in a position of power and authority over average people. Kinda like a legal bully. So maybe your dad and brother just like to feel superior to your bf and end up acting like dicks.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If he can't handle the mentality of my family (as portrayed by my father) then he doesn't need to be in it.

Guys like to give the guys their daughters/sisters bring home a hard time, a run for their money. Women do the same to the girls their sons/brothers bring home. I was put through the ringer by my boyfriend's sisters and mother. I'm still tested and it's been 3 years. Apparently (according to the brothers-in-law) this is standard procedure for their family until you get married.

If he can't operate on the level my family operates on then he's not for me.

Plus, there's the whole, "Guys only want one thing" deal and despite only wanting one thing themselves, no guy wants THEIR sister to be the girl that the other guy uses.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• if i had a sister i'd not care about who she is dating of course.

that's too old-fashioned imo!

tell them to stop!! you're an ADULT and they have no right to tell you who would you date or not! ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to protect you. They want the best for you and want to make sure the guy is respectable and safe for you and make sure he'll treat you well

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• They just care about you and people can see what you can't see

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes