Why does he let girls flirt with him when we're out?

My boyfriend is 19, very outgoing and charming (and flirting in general i think) really likes being the center of attention, and then there is me 18, kinda quiet and a bit shy.

My boyfriend and I often go out on Fridays with some of our friends, and even though I know that he loves me, his behaviour towards other girls confuse me..
So the deal is, that he kind of looks like a bigger version of Justin Bieber, which always has all these girls come up to him and flirt or ask him to sing "baby" to them and stuff.
They clearly find him attractive and he clearly seems to enjoy the attention a lot! Even though I'm standing like 2 meters away, he'll be playing along and laugh with them and flirt and stuff..
The days after he'll be like "did you see those girls, who just came up to me and said I looked like bieber haha?"

It just makes me feel a bit weird, and I'm not sure if that sort of behaviour is normal or not..

05

Most Helpful Guy

• You got into a relationship already knowing that he was like this, so I really don't see why you suddenly can't handle this? To me, it sounds like he's just a playful, extroverted person. What you see as other girls flirting (which they may very well be) and him 'allowing' it, might really just be him messing around. This is a situation that can lead to jealousy on your part, especially since you're out of your element.

So on top of you already acknowledging that he's more of an extrovert, you knew (or should've known) going into this relationship that he was this way. I liken this to dudes who chase after pretty girls but don't think that there will be issues after they get with her. This leads to these same guys not being prepared to handle the attention that his pretty girlfriend is going to get because he didn't think that far ahead.

Same concept here. You paired up with an extroverted, "life of the party" type of guy... but now you're uncomfortable with his extroversion and life-of-the-partiness. That just doesn't make much sense.