He's calling me bro... what the heck?

Ok so the guy that i like and i have been talking to for some time, i just told him i liked him. Im almost 100% sure he likes me back, he told me im very pretty and invited me over. He doesn't want a serious relationship so were just kinda friends. Anyway, he's been calling me bro like a lot now and its kinda annoying, boys, if you call a girl who likes you bro. I get he's being goofy or whatever but it still kinda offended me cuz most of the time when guys call girls bro, she's like their sister, nothing romantic. I know rhats what your thinking. BUT his old girlfriend, who happened to be a friend of mine really liked him too and he called her bro ALL THE TIME, so much to the extend that it became her new nickname. Everyone went around calling her brotrude for months. Im wondering if its a similar situation or if he really is just xalling me that. he's a funny guy who likes to mess around and if it hadn't been for him calling his old girlfriends that, i feel like itd be different. I just dont know tho, do you think its in a playful flirtacious way or is that really how he feels about me, just his bro?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "He doesn't want a serious relationship, so we're just kinda friends," that should be enough. He sees you as his friend, and not a romantic partner, I guess. Most guys call their friends "bro" or "dude", so that's what he calls you, even if you both like each other

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want a serious relationship and calls you bro. That definitely sounds like he just wants to remain friends and nothing more. I've never found the term "bro" a flirtatious term. I don't know, he may just be different towards the term though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Is it really that annoying? What if the girl calls you bro back?
    Should I stop doing this cause usually when I did this they would smile and say it back in some way so...

0|0
    1|0
    • I mean I guess it just depends on the girl and if she knows what you intend by it. Its probably fine if she gets it, Im warming up to it, it was just kinda weird the other night.

• I see his position, but he's doin' it wrong. I consider most of my friends sort of family, I call most of my female friends either by name simply "sis" or "Sister" as they are close friends, same reason refer to my guy buddies as "Bro" or "Brother" however, I dont see why he would call you "bro". Doesn't make sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahha

i've seen many guys calling girls as "bro"

he's just consindering you a buddy of his but this doesn't mean he doesn't like you ;-)

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• WHAT THE HECK, BRO?

If he doesn't want a serious relationship, he probably doesn't like you that way. Just being friends is plenty for him. Take that seriously. Guys say "bro" and "dude" all the time. Get used to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him you don't like that nickname and ask that he call you something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me & my girl cousins always call eachother "brah" lol. It's the knew thing now. It sounds like he still likes you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes