He acts odd around my sister?

I have this friend who I have a crush on. Our mutual friends believe he likes me as well. He just met my sister, and acted very odd. He is usually very outgoing and funny, but he refused to make eye contact with my sister. He wouldn't use her name for the first two hours we hung out together. The other people we were with were mutual friends, and he was his normal self. My sister commented a few times on his behaviour. She thought it was odd that he was so flirtatious and focused on me, but awkward around her. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well i have done this once myself, it either means one of two things:

*He likes your sister but can't find a way to tell her without making you feel hurt, awkward or innapropriate.

*He just doesn't like her presence and prefers to keep to himself and try not to socialize or interact with her for some personal reason.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I've been in this exact situation. And here's my thoughts: he does find her attractive, no doubt in my mind, thus the nervousness but he does not like her on a personal level. Not dislike. Just doesn't find it apealing. The rest of the awkwardness can be explained by respect. He felt guilty for thinking she was attractive without a consent. (Sounds weird but hang on). So he felt the need to show respect, nervous as he was, he ended up acting quite strange. Thats just my theory though.

0|0
    0|0
  • i believe that he actually had a crush on your sis.

and that's why this behaviur ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Did he think your sister was your 'chaperon'?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes