Am I trying to hard in my search for true love?

Campus life has treated me well and I am a social guy and spend my weekends downtown bar hopping and people like me. It was cool at first and I have become very comfortable with flirting and being friendly with girls and have a lot of guy friends. I go out to find girls and I awlays am searching for a girl i like and see myself dating. I've made out with enough sketchy drunk girls my first 2 years of uni and now I yearn for something real and I can't find it. Am I trying too hard?
Update

44

Most Helpful Girl

• It's funny how things come when you least expect it. Approach when it feels right, enter each relationship with excitement, but without expectation. You'll know when you meet the right one. :)

• Its just a weird feeling like I want nothing more than to put my arm around a sweet girl and fall asleep together while just talking in each other arms. I nkt really a romantic guy and am more straight up and a jokester so people don't really know this side of me.

• Well I'm the guy my female friends go tk for relationship advice and think I'm really sweet lol. Then around my guy friend I become a little more wild and act like a typical guy.

• Think the balance of the two is perfect. Most girls enjoy a guy who can be one of the guys, confident, with a sense of humor. But you can allow your sweetness to come through behind closed doors :) when you find a girl that really captivates you, approach her respectfully with confidence, show her your sweet side the more she opens up to you.