Am I trying to hard in my search for true love?

Campus life has treated me well and I am a social guy and spend my weekends downtown bar hopping and people like me. It was cool at first and I have become very comfortable with flirting and being friendly with girls and have a lot of guy friends. I go out to find girls and I awlays am searching for a girl i like and see myself dating. I've made out with enough sketchy drunk girls my first 2 years of uni and now I yearn for something real and I can't find it. Am I trying too hard?
Updates:
Update

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's funny how things come when you least expect it. Approach when it feels right, enter each relationship with excitement, but without expectation. You'll know when you meet the right one. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Its just a weird feeling like I want nothing more than to put my arm around a sweet girl and fall asleep together while just talking in each other arms. I nkt really a romantic guy and am more straight up and a jokester so people don't really know this side of me.

• Show All
    • Well I'm the guy my female friends go tk for relationship advice and think I'm really sweet lol. Then around my guy friend I become a little more wild and act like a typical guy.

• Think the balance of the two is perfect. Most girls enjoy a guy who can be one of the guys, confident, with a sense of humor. But you can allow your sweetness to come through behind closed doors :) when you find a girl that really captivates you, approach her respectfully with confidence, show her your sweet side the more she opens up to you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It seems like you are definitely trying too hard. I would just take it day by day, get yourself and your life on track, you will find someone someday. Or ya never know, someone might even find you. But I wish you the best of luck! Don't stress it too much :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I don't actively confess this its kept inside and I just have moments where I stare at the walk and yearn for it. Then when I go out I act loke my jokester self.

• Well I wouldn't let it get you down. Relationships can be a great thing, and they bring people so much happiness. But it all comes for people at different times, and when the time is right I know it will happen for you! You seem like a very down to earth guy, just give it time, even if it feels like you can't on the inside. And jokesters the best type of guys! If you can make me laugh i will instantly want to talk to you more. So maybe just try using your real charm on the ladies and you know never how things might work out for you

• Ya I'm easy tk get along with and I can talk to anyone as if I knew them for years.

• Worry about that when you finish college.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because in this whole big college party you have plenty of time to find that one true love even if it means going through some drunk party girls :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I've gone through a lot of those and sadly half the girls I got really intamant with don't even remember it Lol.

• Show All
    • I've been played before and my heart was burned so I don't like being honest cause people loke my louder side.

• Oh sorry but that's about as much advice you can get out of me. I'm only 14 but good luck anyways!

What Guys Said 4

• No bro, You go the right mind set. Go out and experience the "college life", as they say.

Being comfortable with flirting and being friendly with girls is a step in the right direction, many guy wish they got it down like you bro.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't see girls as differint tbh ill say another is attractive to my female friends. College has taught me to be me and act approachable.

• I genuinely feel you're trying too hard. I totally understand how u feel about the "making out with sketchy girls"... and not having trust for any girls in college because u see cheating and loose behavior in too many girls around you.

Just enjoy your life and have fun, don't stress about having to find love. That will happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your looking for love in all the wrong places...

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I don't go out to bars every night only on weekends and I spend most of the week socializing with people.

• Them 1st world problems kickin' ur ass huh?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes