How much do guys seriously care about a girls looks when youve met online?

I met this really sweet guy online about a week ago. We have talked everyday and seem interested in eachother and he wants to meet for coffee. I am a bigger girl, and i have had bad experiences with guys before because of my weight. On the website we met on, I have 3 pictures of myself, but they are only upper body and head shots. Im worried that my pictures are misleading and he doesn't know that im a bigger girl. IN my opinion, you can tell because i have chubby arms and face, but because I dont have a lot of self confidence, i am constantly over thinking the situation. I cannot believe that he would like someone who looks like me. Which leads me to believe I am catfishing him and going on a date is going to be a disaster. I guess my main question is two things: will he be horrified by my appearance even though we have good chemistry and our personalities mesh well? and secondly do you think that seeing chubby face and arms in a photo is fair enough or am i catfishing people?

Its not like i'm a 500 pound whale or anything but im definitely a bigger girl and I've always struggled with self confidence because of that. I dont want to ruin this in case it turns into something great.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Just show him a full picture and see what he says. Some guys don't care that much about it and other guys do.
    I'm chubby as well and meeting guys online was actually less intimidating. I met my bf online and I was freaking out when I was going to meet him in person. I had exchanged full body pictures with him before but I don't know it worries me that he wouldn't like me. He was really sweet the first time we hung out together and he still sees me as a beautiful woman.
    So if the guy likes you for who you are your looks are secondary. Plus is not like he thinks you're a stick. Like you said he can see your face and arms.