He can't be serious? What should I do?

My boyfriend is a goofball. Except sometimes I don't think he can be serious. Like ever. Don't get me wrong I love him and he's hilarious, but it's one of those people who you can't have a serious conversation with. For awhile I was hiding from him (well not really hiding I just didn't really tell him) that I have anxiety. I recently told him because he kept complaining that a lot of my friends knew but he didn't. (It wasn't exactly begging or complaining but he just really wanted to know) and then I told him. He didn't really seem to care, and in fact made a joke about how one of his friends gives him anxiety. I wanted to punch him in the face because it's something very important to me and he didn't really seem to take it seriously like most of my friends did. He does have some serious moments, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like he needs to take some things more seriously. Should I tell him this? Or just leave it as it is? I don't really want to break up with him, because he didn't make me THAT mad or anything, but I just want to know if I should do something?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• He was probably just trying to make you laugh and feel better. I'm sure he cares, he just doesn't know how to show it very well. Nonetheless, you could tell him that's it's important to you and he should take it more seriously

• I never thought of it that way thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to him about it. My boyfriend is like this and it can really cause problems. Tell him he needs to take serious matters seriously and not everything in life is a joke, and it's not funny. I know how frustrating and annoying it can be.