Friend Request not accepted?

Some months ago I added on Facebook a guy with whom we had eye-contact. The thing is that he didn't accept my friend request (neither deleted it) and two or three weeks later I cancelled the friend request because I got mad from this "rejection". However, we still have eye-contact with him but he had never talked to me.
What is going on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to him whenever you can, guys won't stare at you if they didn't find you attractive. He might be as shy as you.

Don't over think everything, just next time you see him say hi and see how he responds.

1|0
    0|0
    • But he won't find it weird if I say "HI"? I'm worried about the way he may respond! :/

• No, he would only find it weird if you don't talk to him :-)

Say Hi a few times like you do with your friends. Don't worry if he is weird the first or second time, just keep at it with a smile and you should be able to see if you are making progress after that.

Remember if he is shy he will take time to open up so don't back off thinking he might not be interested. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• your getting your feelings hurt over someone you only had eye Contact with?

1|1
    1|0
    • I didn't get my feelings hurt. I'm just attracted to him and it gets on my nerves that he stares at me but doesn't do something about it!

• Show All
    • @asker you could do something about it though. just approach him yourself. thats not against the rules or anything

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Probably he's afraid that you'll make a move and he doesn't want it to happen for some reason. However he is probably unsure about it either, because he didn't deny your invitation.

1|0
    0|0
    • Then why does he continues to stare at me? It's like saying "I want you. It has to happen something between us".

• Show All
    • So, I have to make the first move?

• Yes, but maybe this is exactly what he's scared of. Why wouldn't he accept your friend request, I don't get it if he's not scared. So I suggest you to make a friendly approach first and show him that if he's scared or intimidated he has no reason to be.

• i just got a request of a rather pretty girl, who i have never even met. I'm not gonna accept but i wonder who she is.

that might be the reason why he didn't accept either. because he didn't know you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Why dont you just talk to him in real life? Why does it have to be in this virtual world...

1|0
    0|0
    • I want to, but I'm shy and I don't know how to start the conversation!

• I used to be a very shy person but then i stepped out of my element and i am a lot more social because of it. I am not try to force you to do anything but i would recommend it. I wish you the best of luck!

• I'd find it strange if a girl I never talked to added me on Facebook.

1|1
    0|0
  • maybe he didn't recognize your picture or name.

1|0
    0|0
  • are you certain he saw the request?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, because I checked his profile and he became friend with other people but not with me!

• Show All
    • No, we've never talked. I just hoped that if I added him he would find the courage to talk to me.

• if you had at least 1 in-person conversation before adding him then he probably would have accepted it. just try getting to know him in person hereon out and then add him later when you two are more comfortable with each other.

• Just ignore that , who ignores u!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Eye contact doesn't mean shit. He could be seeing someone behind you.

0|0
    1|0
    • EVERY time he looks someone behind me? I don't think so...

• Show All
    • Well, you have no idea. If he found me creepy he would just turn his head to the other side. Now he is looking at me INTENSIVELY! Got it?

• Ok. Keep believing he has a "intense" connection to you.

Recommended myTakes