Why are some guys so heartless?

My guy friend just decided to break our friendship without even telling me. I literally begged and cried to at least tell me what I have done, but he didn't even bother to explain it once. He was the one who said that he wants to remain friends with me forever. We used to talk daily and now? He acted so heartless. I am hurt but still I apologized for any mistake I might have committed.
I know girls do it, too, but I don't get why people play with someone's emotions.
Don't tell me that guys and girls can't be friend because I have seen lots of such lifelong friendships.
Filler

1118

Most Helpful Guy

• I´m sorry for you but this is reality , man and women can be friends!! You are too young to have seen lots of such "lifelong" friendships and I have seen too many such "lifelong" friendships falling apart and participated in 3 of them. In some ideal world we could be friends but not in this one. I did once what he did , just break all contact because I had feelings and I was a coward than , so I didn't tell her that , thought she didn't like me the way I liked her , so one day I just stopped contacting her and responding.

• But I don't think you would have avoided her if she would have cried so much over you. If she just wanted to know the reason once. You would have told her, won't you?

• No its not about not letting yourself getting attache. Like Bob Marley said:"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” You did everything with this guy and in year or two you won't have regrets! But I bet he will have them. Be true to yourself , be smart, but despite this do give people a chance... just be careful , thats all.

• I will give people chance, but I will take more time before getting attached. I seriously can't suffer another wound.

Most Helpful Girl

• 99% of guys DO NOT want friendship with girls, their ego gets too butthurt lol they try to act all "manly" but when it comes to girls... POOF! you ain't getting any sense out of them... they show how they don't take rejection as good as us females and they are just softies just like us girls, they constantly try to set themselves apart from us out of fear of being made fun of by other guys... they fear showing their more feminine side.

Their response is cold behaviior like this... most guys aren't men but boys... a real man would show his softer side with you even around his friends not hide it... it's just a really fake way to act because they aren't being themselves... who cares about "reputation" but they seem to do too much... indeed it's a huge turn-off because girls actually like expressive guys who show their feelings, So he probably likes you and has for a long time but decided it's time to end the friendship, indeed it's a sad thing guys think they can't be friends with girls... but that's how most guys act sadly... their loss...

• But if they like you, don't you think they should at least tell why they are leaving when the girlbis crying so much?

• They won't lol because they get all pissy over it, that's how men react to rejection because they don't take it as well, when it comes to girls they are soft ickle babies lol so they won't tell you they just leave because they know what you would already say... they think they have bruised thier poor ego enough lol that's all it's about is their ego.