Is he shy or not interested? How do I befriend this introverted guy?

There's an introverted guy in my class. He doesn't have a lot of friends and he's often quiet. Sometimes I talk to/text him. When I talk to him I think he gets nervous, (he blushes, doesn't look into my eyes, hands in pockets, sometimes touches his hair...) He never initiates a conversation with me. When he talks to other guys/ girls he acts normal, doesn't get nervous/uncomfortable. So, is he interested but shy. Or just doesn't want to talk to me? And how do I become friends with him/ make him comfortable around me, without being obvious or annoying?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he is shy, and yes he does like you. Shyness is not a reflection on you or on his level of attraction to you but on his lack of social skills, in this case with women he is into. Basically talk to him hang around him, flirt with him, make him feel like even though he is not MR. suave, you still like spending time with HIM. Don't make him feel uncomfortable if there are pauses in the conversation, and there will be.

Also, many times shy guys like this will not get that a girl is into them even if you are being obvious, so if you want something to happen you may have to consider making the first move and asking him out.