Is this guy still trying to date me even though I rejected him? I told him we could be friends so maybe he wants that?

We went out on a few dates. Nothing serious. Wasn't really feeling much of a spark, although we had really good conversations. I eventually told him I wasn't interested in a relationship at the moment (bit of a cop out, but whatever). He replied, and i quote, that he wasn't either and that he was sorry to give me "the wrong impression." Cool. I told him we could still be friends.

So anyways, he cooled off and was a bit brisk with me when I ran into him on the bus. Still friendly, just cold. I figured this was a sign that he had accepted the rejection, though his feelings were maybe hurt, and he was ready to move on. We went back to chatting about random shit and then eventually he got a bit... suggestive again?

Like asking me when he could come over to see my new Christmas lights, asking me to go hiking with him, saying that exercise was almost as good as sex, trying to give me rides places...

Is this behavior typical of someone that genuinely wants to be friends, or does it sound like he's still trying to have more than that?

02