I'm so humiliated.. he thought I was asking him out (when I wasn't)?

I thought my classmate (community college) & I were friends.. I admit I had a crush on him at first till he told me he had a gf. We used to talk a lot during class & he texted me sometimes to chat. He talks about his gf all the time & he knows I'm dating around (online dating). So last week I asked if he had eaten lunch yet & he said no, so I said I was going to get lunch after class if he wanted to join me. I saw a look of shock/disgust cross his face & he started stuttering that he forgot he already earlier. Then later on he mumbled that he wasn't feeling well & had to leave class early.. I felt so humiliated/annoyed when I realized he was disgusted b/c he thought I was asking him out. I totally meant it as a friendly thing (plus I like another guy now). He hasn't been to class lately.. next time I see him should I just act like nothing happened?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just call or text him to clear up the misunderstanding. He's got to be joking if he thinks asking someone to join you for lunch = a date/interested in him.

He needs a reality check but a gentle one. Just tell him that it was all about lunch and hanging out and nothing else and that you look forward to seeing him again at class. When he returns to class, just get on with him like nothing happened and leave it there.