Do you think he's interested, or is it just in my mind?

I recently separate from my ex husband (about 6 months ago) and had to take a second job, just so I'm not living pay check to pay check, and can actually save a bit of money up.
Back to the job, I used to work for this company about 5 years ago, and had a really good personal and professional relationship with the owners and other supervisors. When I came back a few weeks ago I started talking with one of the managers like old times, innocent flirting, joking around like nothing had changed ( I had to cut off all personal friendships with any men when I quit the first time as my ex was very controlling). Anyway after working a couple shifts with him, I get home after work and he had texted me his number.(I'm assuming he got it off of my file) he's been texting me everyday, nothing inappropriate just the hey how's your day going, type stuff. Well the last time we worked together he asked me if I had any plans for the night, I did, I told him I was playing hockey. He almost seemed disappointed. I honestly think he was going to ask me out :-|. im not opposed to this idea, I'm just not to sure what's going on. So looking for advise, is he interested, do I persue it, he's pretty shy so I may have to make the first "move". Or do I just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens? It's been a long time since I've done this.
There's no policies against us seeing each other (technically he is one of my bosses). In fact I'm pretty sure the owners would be all for it. Like I said we all have a really good personal relationship. This job is also very temporary and I only work around 10 hours a week.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Did this manager used to test you when you worked there before?

0|0
    0|0
    • We used to joke around, flirt a bit. It made the nights go by faster because we were both there until 1am, nothing ever came of it. I was married, and I took that seriously. We were also equals in the work place back then, both supervisors.

• Show All
    • I had a flat tire before coming to work that day, and had to drive home (I live 25 minutes out of the city) on a donut at night, so maybe he just wanted to make sure I got home ok? Not to sure

• Well is that the first thing he asked about? And did he address the issue of where he got the number? If it were me and I were concerned about an employee I suppose I would tell them that I looked up their number to check on them. I don't know. Seems a bit stalker (ish) to me. But that's just me.

What Girls Said 1

• You are separated from your husband, recently. You should take a break from romantic relationships until at the very least when you finalize your divorce. Otherwise you will just screw with other people's feelings and have really messed up relationships. Take the time to heal and learn from your mistakes instead of making more wreckage.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like I've moved on emotionally from my exe. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider this whole situation as a problem. I've grown a lot as a person in the last 6 months and come to realize what happened in my marriage, and I've become a much happier and confident person.
      I do like this guy, and I think he's interested in me. We were really close friends when I was working there before. I'm just not sure where to go from here. I know I don't want a friends with benefits deal, I don't think that kind of relationship is healthy for me. And I truly do feel I'm ready to enter a relationship, as I'm not looking to replace an empty spot in my life, or anything like that.

• You are still a married woman, not divorced

Recommended myTakes