Girly girls or tomboys?

I am engaged, and I know that checking out other people is pretty typical in a long term relationship, but I'm realizing that my man is more prone to looking at tall, pretty brunettes in heels, as opposed to how I might describe myself. Honestly it's making me a little insecure. I'm a short, fit, blonde gal, who is entirely capable of walking in heels and throwing on a mini skirt, but I find that I actually prefer my globes and a pair of daisy dukes. I like working under the hood of my truck, cleaning my guns, and playing in the mud. Should I take this so personally? I'm considering making an effort to dress up for him, but I'm not sure if he looks at them as just another female, or if that is what he secretly desires, and I should make a better effort to be a girly girl for him. Any input is appreciated
  • Girly girls in heels
    Vote A
  • Roughneck gals workin under the hood
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Fear not. Men are visual, but once the scenery passes, the man's focus is onto the next thing. You assume the man who sees an attractive lady on the beach or on the street keeps thinking about her and is comparing her with you. He ISN'T. Nice scenery is simply that, and once out of sight, out of mind.

www.prageruniversity.com/.../He-Wants-You.html

As for tomboy and girly girl, alternate between them. He will find it interesting.

2|0
    0|0
    • That was surprisingly helpful. Thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I'm only compatible with tomboys. Voted B).

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer girly tomboys. I'd rather meet a girl that defies conventional labels, I'd absolutely love to meet a girl that isn't afraid to get "down and dirty" but also isn't afraid to wear a sundress and be "girly".

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd take a roughneck gal just for the "cleaning my guns" part. Trapshooting is Life!

0|0
    0|0
  • Roughneck gals workin under the hood

OHHHHHHHHH THIS!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Tomboys are hott as fuck.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both, but mostly tomboy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You should ask him what kind of stuff he likes to see you in and ask his opinion on how you dress. I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with how you dress but he might sometimes see stuff other girls wear and like how it looks and think it would look good on you (my boyfriend says that sometimes he sees stuff other girls wear and thinks it would look good on me). If he likes dresses and heels, then dress up occasionally. Obviously not all the time but nothing wrong with it sometimes :) he might desire that but really, if he was looking for a "girly girl in heels" you guys wouldn't be engaged - im sure he likes that you're less stereotypically girly. Doesn't hurt to ask if there's something specific he wants to see you wear sometime though!

1|0
    0|0
  • Be true to yourself. Don't try to be something that you're not just to make someone happy, it's really unhealthy.

0|0
    1|0
  • My boyfriend hates girly girls, so a tomboy from him, otherwise i wouldn't have him :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes