Guys, Can you answer this... ?

It has been my experience that when a man and a woman break up or end a relationship that it's much easier for them to 'replace' the previous woman in their life. Often, I have heard my Mom say 'Men replace while women grieve.'

Please note this isn't a question about your emotions or anything like that just purely a question asking is it easier for men to move on with a new partner than it is for a woman.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You mom is not far off... however, I don't think these days guys are the one's replacing. I think there maybe a general shift in that scenario that it is equalizing.

I have five guy friends, all of which... it was their wife or SO that ditched them for another guy.

Two out of five women actually felt sorry... the other three women acted as though their SO deserved it... almost had it coming!

In all five cases, the guys grieved while their wife or SO moved in with another guy. Perhaps my dataset is skewed but that's all I have to work with!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I think women are genuinely moreover feeling. Most guys don't like being on their own and they want sex a bit more than women.

3|0
    0|0
  • i think everyone has different ways of dealing with things, some people can deal with these things faster then others, sometime guys seem to be moving on faster then females but the truth is that the feelings are still there a lot longer then they are for females,

some cases are different and it all depends on who does the breaking up and how hard a break up it is

0|0
    0|0
  • No it seriously depends from person to person. I had so many relationships in my life but see, I'm singe for 2.25 years. It's so hard for me to find a partner now.

So we can't generalize.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that's the best cure to a broken heart. It's not really for for the girl your getting with though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. We realize how important she was a little too late. And also we do not 'replace', we just pretend to show that our lives do not end with her leaving us and that we can be happy without her too.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends in the person actually

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm here to stalk the answer from guys :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Female opinion.

I think it's easier for men because women tend to be more emotional.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes