Should I text him asking why he backed off?

So he's backed right off for no apparent reason. Things seemed to be going great and we were talking all the time, but since last weekend, he's not initiating texting and when he replies they're just brief texts with no questions. I've not been texting him very often - only once this week. i feel like I deserve some kind of explanation. My friend wrote a text she thinks I should send, but I'm slightly worried it's a bit rude/desperate. It says:

So, how's it going? Just straight up, what's up? If you're not interested/met someone better/didn't have fun/whatever else, that's totally cool but just say so... It's a bit unfair to just back off without a word.

I've not sent it yet. Should I?
  • Send the text
  • Don't send the text
  • Other
    Vote C

02