Why do guys turn into players after breakups?

I guess some girls too but my breakup is recent. We have been seeing each other afterwards and I don't really know why but he is different. He is all about girls, following girls on instagram, liking their pictures, write to them, add random girls on Facebook etc. His ego went from great to I'm the best person in the whole world. When he called me I could barley talk to him because he was so self centered, this happened after our breakup. He even told me that being serious will get you hurt and that you shouldn't be serious, seriously this is not only my fault. Just because I hurt doesn't mean that every other girl will? I don't see why he acts this way, it makes me sad, I don't know maybe it's because I still like him. In my defence I've been told to stay away from him since the start because it is said that he's a two sided person, who flirts with girls at the same time.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His heart was broken after you broke up with him, so he resents women right now in general, so he decides to break other women's hearts as a player to make it 'even' and also feel that 'satisfaction'

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• "He is all about girls, following girls on instagram, liking their pictures, write to them, add random girls on Facebook etc."

That doesn't make him a player.

To answer your underlying question, it's because guys don't handle their feeling well so they want to get away from it all. The fastest way to do that is to force ourselves to feel better with some girls or anything else that feels good so we don't think of the pain. It won't last long but it's a way to get momentary satisfaction.

1|0
    0|0
  • i guess for revenge reasons mostly ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually because they become a little bit more bitter towards women and their bullshit games and go out to find something to use.

Other times it could be to get over one person you need to get under someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all... I didn't. Some need to prove they still have it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• These are the type of people (girls and guys) who like attention, with that being said good attention makes their ego blow up. You want someone whose down to earth, none the less not all guys turn into players after a break up but it is common to dip into the fish pool after a break up because they have their "freedom" back- single life is about dating, experiencing etc. With that being said, you probably feel upset because of this because he was a different person that you love, and now he has changed.. don't pay him any mind, when people warn you about someone you can't just avoid and ignore your feelings or get into a relationship because of what people say, you had to find out yourself, relationships start and end, there's nothing much else to it, in the end most of us find someone to settle down with, not everyone does at the same time obviously, so just focus on you, and know what you deserve better and time will pass where you'll forget all about him.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be a way of blocking out any feelings that he had. Or maybe he is just trying to have fun and explore loads of different things. Either way you need to actually actively divert your energy away from this guy because there is no point in tying yourself up in knots over a douche. And I know I am simplifying this a lot, because obviously I don't know him so it's easy for me to say this. But ultimately you really do need to stop thinking about him, find a distraction (not sleeping around), but maybe going to the gym and making yourself look good, and going out with friends and being happy and carefree and dating confident guys who are not selfish. This might take a while for you to get to that stage because you just broke up. Do what you need to do: Be upset, cry, explore why you think he changed, talk to your best friends. But once all this hurt has passed you will see what I (an outsider) sees: It is a good thing that you broke up with this guy, and good luck to him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes