Should I admit to this girl the reason I drink is cause she rejected me?

Moral of the then story is I was a innocent social kid who fell in love then a girl hurt me now I spend every weekend at the bar drinking alone. I've been doing this for a month and I want to get help but I'm scared to admit it cause I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing I care. She asked me why i changed since she rejected me and I didn't answer and walked away.
Updates:
Update
Update.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't owe her anything, she's your ex now, and unless you have a kid together there is no reason to ever talk to her again. The drinking is pure self pity, let it go, cry, scream. whatever but stop trying to drown your sorrow as sorrow floats. Get help if you need to, better to just get a different outlet for your hurt, exercise comes to mind, join a gym, get some running shoes, join a Karate dojo and become a better you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well its like I don't care about her and its to the point where I hate her. Were. the same. major and work together as TA's so I have to deal with her.

• When the semester changes, make sure you don't have any of the same classes. As far as TA's just be professional, and only talk to her about business, and if she speaks about ANYTHING personal, cut her off with a "I don't care about that" Meanwhile get yourself together.

• I just laughed at her when she asked why I won't talk to her and she didn't realize how much I liked her so its like I'll be happy but when sjes around I'll leave the room.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• 100% look about getting some help hun, esp. if it worries you. You don't necessarily have to let her know whats going on, but talk to someone sweetie. remember, you don't owe her anything, but if she is the trigger for it, maybe staying away from her would be a good idea

0|0
    0|0
    • Incant avoid her for many reasons were coworkers and same college program.

• Would it help you if you told her? Would she be sensitive and caring in this situation?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know I'm salty lol and she knew I looked her so its loke she wants to hear what she could assume. I told her that unless she wants to date me then to leave me alone and I just feel. like any contact with her is painful.

• I really hope that you work it out. As someone who is studying psych, I feel I need to tell you that drinking away your problems isn't healthy. I am sure people have told you this before though. You might find talking to someone helpful to you. (i. e. Psychologist, counsellor, or even a close friend or family member). Troubles often seem lessen when shared.

• Tell her cuz then she will feel guilty for causing u that much trouble but also get professional help

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Don't say anything to her, it's none of her business now anyway. But get help mate

0|0
    0|0
    • Its been a month I don't think its an addiction yet.

• Show All
    • I admit that i learned from the expierence. I will never fall in love again and won't try to date again until my late 20's and college is not the time to trust people. I work out on the weekdays but at midnight on Saturday I had sitting in my apartment so I go to bars and start small talk. My issues is I'm a binge drinker.

• We've all been there mate, just try to keep your chin up

• 1) Stop going to the bar
    2) Read a book
    3) Just straight up tell her it hurts that she rejected you
    4) Buy some carrots/fruit
    5) Make a smoothie

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget about her.

Find a girl who wants you.

0|0
    0|0
  • you dont have to but I think you should

0|0
    0|0
    • Its admiring defeat though she has my pride she doesn't need the satisfaction of hurting me.

Recommended myTakes