Why won't a guy reject you directly?

Okay, so I confessed to close guy friend that I like him through text and he didn't reply but blocked me. I am so embarrassed and I don't know how I would face him in college tomorrow

77

Most Helpful Guy

• Indirect rejection allows for lesser mess in a way. It could have been worse otherwise. So accept it and move on. Blocking you was one clear 'signal'. Keep it cool. You saved your self.

• Guys are more interested 'less mess' than 'less hurt feelings' :)

• Okay, I understand that. Thanks. :)

• You're welcome :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea, but I can totally sympathise with what you're going through. I don't understand why it's so difficult to say "I'm not interested because of X, Y or, Z". To me, it's just about respecting the person enough to tell them straight up that you aren't interested. Guys have told me before that they're indirect to protect feelings, but, to me, it's actually more hurtful that way.

• Seriously. It's far far farrrrr hurtful this way. By abandoning a person! I mean, they have no respect for friendship as well.