Why won't a guy reject you directly?

Okay, so I confessed to close guy friend that I like him through text and he didn't reply but blocked me. I am so embarrassed and I don't know how I would face him in college tomorrow

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Indirect rejection allows for lesser mess in a way. It could have been worse otherwise. So accept it and move on. Blocking you was one clear 'signal'. Keep it cool. You saved your self.

0|0
    0|0
    • Guys are more interested 'less mess' than 'less hurt feelings' :)

• Show All
    • Okay, I understand that. Thanks. :)

• You're welcome :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea, but I can totally sympathise with what you're going through. I don't understand why it's so difficult to say "I'm not interested because of X, Y or, Z". To me, it's just about respecting the person enough to tell them straight up that you aren't interested. Guys have told me before that they're indirect to protect feelings, but, to me, it's actually more hurtful that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Seriously. It's far far farrrrr hurtful this way. By abandoning a person! I mean, they have no respect for friendship as well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Uhhh, why didn't you "confess" directly? Initially sharing intimate feelings has no place in text/email, etc. If someone told me she loved me for the first time over text I would frankly be a bit offended. Woman up and talk to him directly.

1|0
    0|0
    • Because I needed to tell him urgently, and our classes are not being held due to some functions in college. It would have taken another week, and I was going pretty insane.
      But it still doesn't mean that you will block a girl. I thought that he considered me a good friend :/

• And you couldn't telephone him? You decided to use the easiest way that would cause you the least anxiety. Face it. You took the emotion out of it and now you're mad because he blocked you?

• well i guess you should be glad it happened this way. he is obviously an immature douchebag.

2|0
    0|0
    • I wish I had known it before :) Better now than later though

• Show All
    • Seems like so. I feel kind of betrayed for believing that he is a good person who cares about others feelings. Thanks for your response

• after all we fall for what we think the other person is. sometimes he is not what we thought him to be...

• Haha are you kidding you have it backwards its the women who reject indirectly men are pretty straight forward about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know. All girls around me give at least some reason, but this guy blocked me

• If he blocked you that's your answer he obviously doesn't like you. I beg to differ every girl who rejected me was indirect about it and just made excuses except for one girl in middle school who humiliated me by rejecting me in front of the whole class.

• That's horrible to humiliate someone. I am sorry you faced it.

You know what? At this point, a lame excuse would have shown me that he at least respect me a little

• I guess he ddn't have the guts toreject you straightly then :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would reject someone directly

1|0
    0|0
    • Better than blocking that person :/

• Show All
    • Then it meant that he lied because he was the first one to say that to me.

• liar liar pants on fire

• Don't want to rule out the possibility of sex at some point in the future if we get desperate. lmao

0|0
    2|0
    • As if you can get it then? :)

• Show All
    • What a stupid answer!

• @Kiwifun Wake up and smell the bullshit! It's only "stupid" to someone who's naive or in denial. lol

What Girls Said 6

• Because he's a coward. As well as some other guys. They have the balls to just give straight answers. They run you all around the mulberry bush. You go to school and if you see him look as unbothered as you can. Don't show any emotion.

0|0
    1|0
    • I should have judged him a looonnggg time ago :/

• Well he's obviously not worth it. You don't want a coward anyway. His loss.

• Men are pretty straight forward. It's the women that do the run around.
    You were the one that indirectly texted him, I get it if you were too nervous/shy but you should have just told him to his face. That way he could reject you directly.
    I'm sorry if this sounds mean, it's not meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
    • What are you saying? When I confessed, he could have at least replied back that, "No. I am not interested." But what did he do? He blocked me.

• Show All
    • So, basically he didn't have the decency, because I used to be his 'good' friend. He didn't even respect our friendship.

• That's what it sounds like. It may also be that he was using the friendship to get you into bed. But that's just a guess.

• Some guys directly rejected me others did it from being told by a friend. Dang, the humiliation, sadness and pain but oh well all jerks they didn't deserve me in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
    • @sammy_31
      Hey, wanted to tell u I added u on instagram

• Show All
    • @fire516 Stop stalking me Hayden!!! Leave me alone man!!!

• I have better things to do now than stalk you. So that is out of the question. After being on here for so long and talking to you, I thought it would be reasonable to add you.

• Because they're pussies.

1|0
    1|0
    • An insult to pussies :/

• Eh, just start laughing every time you see him

0|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha burnnnnn them! :D

• Exactly!! Just think "Whatever, I could care less" 😌

• Some guys are just like that, girls even more so.

0|0
    0|0
    • All I know that all girls around me have at least given some reason or excuse, unlike blocking a person.

Recommended myTakes