My guy best friend of 7years told me he has always had a crush on me?

When we first met we did flirt and knew we liked each other but nothing happen. After that i met his best friend which has now been my off and on again bf for 6years. i don't understand why he would tell me this years later.. and even more so that he has been dating a girl for 6 months but always said it wasn't serious then after he told me all those feelings he made it official with this girl a week later.. We act like nothing was ever said. its so weird and I'm just really confused..

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, my guess is that he probably always harbored some sort of thing for you, but never thought it would be reciprocated.

The whole situation sounds very uncomfortable to me, which obviously sucks.

• Very uncomfortable and confusing. He acts like he never said anything and then having his girlfriend around is kinda weird. He seems happy which makes me feel a lot better.

• Have you guys ever discussed it? Or he really pretends like it never happened?

• The only time we did was when we weren't sober. He is a typical guy and shows no emotion or feelings. . The last time we talked I got really upset and told him he put me in a really uncomfortable and awkward situation. That what he was doing was selfish. He then said he would stop all of it. Which he did. We didn't talk for weeks. Now I see him every other weekend going out with our group of friends but that vibe is still there. Maybe I'm over thinking but the way he looks at me sometimes.. I can just tell you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you look too cold or proud that he felt intimidated. its a eversting mytery why guys look indifferent or mad at you or hate you when they really like you as oppose to they look very friendly and nice when they are not attracted by you. but ask him to make sure that any assumption is valid.