My guy best friend of 7years told me he has always had a crush on me?

When we first met we did flirt and knew we liked each other but nothing happen. After that i met his best friend which has now been my off and on again bf for 6years. i don't understand why he would tell me this years later.. and even more so that he has been dating a girl for 6 months but always said it wasn't serious then after he told me all those feelings he made it official with this girl a week later.. We act like nothing was ever said. its so weird and I'm just really confused..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, my guess is that he probably always harbored some sort of thing for you, but never thought it would be reciprocated.

The whole situation sounds very uncomfortable to me, which obviously sucks.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very uncomfortable and confusing. He acts like he never said anything and then having his girlfriend around is kinda weird. He seems happy which makes me feel a lot better.

• Have you guys ever discussed it? Or he really pretends like it never happened?

• The only time we did was when we weren't sober. He is a typical guy and shows no emotion or feelings. . The last time we talked I got really upset and told him he put me in a really uncomfortable and awkward situation. That what he was doing was selfish. He then said he would stop all of it. Which he did. We didn't talk for weeks. Now I see him every other weekend going out with our group of friends but that vibe is still there. Maybe I'm over thinking but the way he looks at me sometimes.. I can just tell you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you look too cold or proud that he felt intimidated. its a eversting mytery why guys look indifferent or mad at you or hate you when they really like you as oppose to they look very friendly and nice when they are not attracted by you. but ask him to make sure that any assumption is valid.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe he had a crush on you but thinks you aren't interested. Also maybe the crush is just very mild, but then I don't see why he brought it up unless he said it in a very casual way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not casually. He would only tell me how he felt when we would be drinking. Calling me, text, me after any night out with a group of friends. Telling me i was the perfect girl to be with and that I'm the "standard" that he compares girls when he is thinking if they're someone he wants to date. That went on for about 6 months. He would kiss my forehead and try and hold my hand.. we've been really close for a long time.

• Show All
    • after he made it official with this girl, we don't talk or hang out at all. So i thought it was just the alcohol talking. maybe exaggerating it? I don't know

• It's more likely he felt more comfortable talking about that feeling while drunk. Maybe he's more into her now. It sounds like you might like him too though.

• Well, didn't Rachel and Ross get together. And didn't Chandler and Monica get together?

0|0
    0|0
  • Shocking.!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• he probably had a crush on u but he probably thinks u aren't in to him

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you fantasize about him and get excited?

0|0
    0|0
    • I love him as a person, a best friend. The only thing that does come to mind at times is when we first met and how i had the biggest crush on him. He felt the same so i thought something was going to happen but nothing ever did. I was pretty crushed for a while. Its like a what if? kinda feeling you know? not like I fantasize being with him.

• Do you ever get that buzzy tingly sort of feeling thinking about him? Write to me if you want to keep it private.

Recommended myTakes