You find out your guy is cheating on you. Who's fault is it?

You have been together for two years.
Now you find out your guy has been cheating on you.
Who's fault do you think it is?
  • It is your fault.
    Vote A
  • It is his fault.
    Vote B
  • It is both of your fault.
    Vote C
  • It is nobodies fault.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This is not personal.
It is more philosophical.
Stay tuned for the reverse question.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted both of your faults.

The actual cheating part is his fault - I mean it's not like you went up to him and said "excuse me dear, could you possibly just nip over and put your schwing-schwong in that dear lady's squish mitten?" however if he was feeling a need to cheat, that usually means there is something he isn't getting from your relationship and he has gone and found it somewhere else. Half the time, it's not even sex that's the issue but sex is how most people express love/passion for one another. I mean, if the relationship was perfect he wouldn't need to look anywhere else, right?

All that said and done, if the person does cheat it shows the sort of person they are, and that is a disrespectful piece of crap. I've been cheated on and it was the most heartbreaking thing in the world but it also made him very easy to get over - I didn't want to be with someone who couldn't keep it in his pants and had a wandering eye. Cheating is never, ever the answer - always communicate in your relationship.

2|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• It is probably mostly his fault, though hey, if you voted in the last election, that's reason enough to look elsewhere.

But it could also be the fault of the slut he's cheating with. Maybe she looks spectacular in any clothes, and has a voice like a cat purring, and knows how to get guys to follow after her. And maybe she is llonely also.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just keep in mind that when the man cheats it is the man's fault (100%) just like when the woman cheats it is the woman's fault (100%). In both cases the person made the DECISION, and should live with the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always the cheater's fault for cheating. Always the murder's fault for murdering. Ironically it does not always work that way for raping, but it seems to be changing. That's how life works.

What led to the breakdown of the relationship? Both parties may be at fault there.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's the cheater and the one whom he's cheating with's fault of course.

That's a bit like asking if it's the raped's fault for being raped. Some fugged up logic there whoever believes that.

2|0
    0|0
  • It is never the person who got cheated ons fault. That person did nothing to deserve being cheated on. Now if the cheater person wasn't happy in the relationship, he/she should be adult enough to say something. Even if it means leaving. But it's never the person who got cheated on's fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the story? I can't vote... Let me give you a breakdown example of possible reasonable things:

It's his fault if he's a real jerk.

It's your fault if you never had sex in these 2 years.

It's both faults if you keep fighting and fighting.

Neither is fault can't be...

0|0
    0|0
  • it's his fault for cheating.

I dont think there's an excuse for cheating but I do think there's usually an explanation. There might have been a reason or reasons that made him unhappy and lead him to want to cheat but still he should have tried to talk about it rather than going behind your back.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more his fault than your fault, but I suppose it's both of your faults. Instead of resorting to cheating, he should have talked to you about why he's unhappy with you and what he is feeling. It's slightly your fault, because apparently you aren't making him happy enough. But like I said, it's mostly his fault. He needs to speak up if he's unhappy with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys have urges that need satisfaction if that's not being met than they will wander but sorry to say most times that's not even the issue most guys r pigs & want to see seeds in as many fields that r offered.
    So most times it's all him

0|0
    0|0
  • Lel all guys will cheat no matter what. One Pā‚¬$$Ā„ isn't enough to satisfy a man..
    Guys can't resist the temptation of seeing a cutie HAWT spots šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

0|0
    4|2
  • It's still his fault for cheating. The only problem that you have is your lack of sensibility and inability to detect issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • aside from fault. its wrong to cheat, its the same as fraud.

on whos fault it is that theyre not happy is in the relationship is ones fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is a choice... a choice that other person chose to make.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is not giving him sex, then both, if she is, then just his.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always the cheater's fault. Always.

1|0
    1|0
  • Easy poll easy life. *Pick B*

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• It's his fault. Even if you were doing things that would make him want to cheat on you there's really no reason he should have to pursue something with another girl without breaking it off with you. That's the right thing to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell me that didn't actually happen! :/ I'd probably say both but it really depends!

1|0
    0|0
  • It is his fault. Maybe we have had problems and all but there is no excuse for cheating. You don't like how your relationship is going? Break up or try to fix things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly his fault. I might was not all he wanted and maybe I didn't see the sighs on time, but it's still his fault. He could've just broke up with me if he wasn't happy enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • The cheater is wrong. Period. Idc how bad the relationship is. If it was that bad then didn't you end it? People love to have their cake and eat it too. There are NO excuses for cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • His fault. He is the one that cheated. He should have been man enough to stand up and tell you he is unhappy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it's my fault and his fault. My fault for not giving him what he needs and his fault for not talking to me about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheaters fault for cheating. If the person he's cheating with knows about the cheater being in a relationship then it's their fault as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is a choice. Many things may lead up to the cheating, but the choice to commit the act (s) of cheating are the sole responsibility of the cheater. You shouldn't blame yourself. For instance, if he was working long hours at his job, and you got bored and lonely due to spending your evenings without him, so you hooked up with someone, who is to blame? You are. Is 'cause and effect' a factor? Absolutely. But you are still the one who dropped your pants? Yep. So you would be to blame, not him. So if he has cheated on you, the only one to blame is him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you can't blame them for cheating.. But most times you can, and it's their fault for being fucking assholes.

0|0
    0|0
    • It can be complicated.
      So, is the person he cheated with
      Also a cheater?

• No, I wouldn't call her that. Honestly it's pretty low of her to sleep with a man who is in a relationship, but essentially your relationship isn't her problem, at all, so you can't blame her.

Recommended myTakes