How do I tell my husband I was wrong?

I picked up my husbands phone bc of a text and punched I the passcode to read him the text when he asked. It ended up that he was sexting with 2 women in a group text and was sending them nudes and all kinds of freaky stuff that goes back at least two weeks. He and I got in a big fight and he shoved me agaist the wall and grabbed a hold of my neck and was chocking me while blaming me for depriving him of sex and spying on him. Once he released hold of my neck he grabbed his phone and left the house. I feel really really bad bc I didn't let him explain himself and just started yelling.
How do I tell him I'm sorry and I shouldn't of looked back through his texts? Guys how would u want ur wife to say sorry?
The only reason I want to tell him sorry is so we can have a civilized talk about what happened and why he was sexting other women

712

Most Helpful Guy

• Handle it with care, for civilized and safety reasons. Just apologize like, "I am sorry, I should not have snooped through your phone." But don't let the whole choking thing slide so easily. Maybe say something like "We both reacted poorly, and I just want to have a civilized conversation about it" allow him to speak what's on his mind, and make sure he lets you say what's on yours.
    That choking thing might have just been a reaction, and shouldn't really be too big of a deal. If he is normally violent, or keeps behaving that way, you should leave him.

• Yeah, just pretend it didn't happen, I'm sure it was a one time thing. I mean, there's a small chance he might kill you next time, but let's just brush the domestic violence under the rug for now.

• No, we don't all have a breaking point. If a guy is going to choke you over presenting him with evidence that he's a cheater, he's unstable and it's going to get worse.

• @Hubris given that context, of coarse he was out of line. However, she mentioned a big fight. We don't know what was going on during this fight. I am not trying to make him the good guy, because he's not. I'm just stating my opinion.