Guys, What does this mean?

I have been dating a fellow for about a month. In many of our conversations, he says, 'Slow and Steady'. Let me put a little context in this question.

He tells me he is approaching this totally different than he has in the past, but when he says this I feel almost as if he is attempting to slow himself down. But I would really like to hear what your thoughts are.

Can you give me an idea of what this means.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he told you this out of respect. He wants to take his time with you because he sees something there.

Although past relationships may dictate this type of approach... I think he is more so attempting to separate his lustful feelings for you from the love and friendship that is growing inside.

Lust can be very potent and somewhat overpowering in the early stages of a relationship... it speaks volumes, that he would rather not be blinded by lust and be sure of his true feelings for you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I think you are on the right track with your take on what it means. It sounds like he has maybe rushed into past relationships , maybe even before he knew that the chemistry of the other person would be a good match to his own. Maturity and wisdom would dictate that his approach is the best for both you and him rather than rush into what could ( hopefully not ) be a catastrophe in the making. It doesn't mean he isn't interested in you by any means. Just taking his time getting to know and understand who you are as an individual and person.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is hinting at a serious relationship in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • he needs time to think about your future maybe?

0|0
    0|0
  • He's reminding himself.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes